A real Lifan or not?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriss83

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a first time poster and very new to the minibike scene. I don't know if this has been covered yet so sorry if it has.

I recently brought a PIT PRO 150cc XR with the Lifan engine (1P56FMJ).

I found, on other threads, that the 1P56FMJ is refered to a a 140cc engine? Whats the go here?

Also mentioned was a 1P56FMJ-2E10 as a 150cc but possibly not a genuine Lifan.

(This is a cut & Paste from another thread from Cactus Jack)

There apparently IS a 1P56FMJ-2E10 Horizontal Lifan BVH engine available that is NOT based on the YX150 KLX type engines ... BUT it's 150 cc with a (56.5 mm bore x 59 mm stroke) . How authentic they are is anyones guess , but you can bet ya' nuts that if Aussie sellers had them ....... they'd be plastering the 150 cc capacity all over their ads and listings ......

This is an old post (JAN 08) so can anyone give some up to date info on what motor I have in my bike as I do not have the 2E10 serial number!!!!:confused:

The 1P56FMJ with the Daytona style cases , alloy cylinder and silver ORK ignition IS a genuine Lifan 150 (56.5 mm bore x 59 mm stroke) ... I bought a new boxed Lifan 150 engine about 6 months after posting that ... At the time Pitpro was selling bikes with 1P56??? (56 mm bore x 57 mm stroke) engines in them which they advertised as genuine Lifan 140's but they weren't ... they were YX140's and some even had the iron cylinder to make them look like a Lifan 140 ... The GENUINE Lifan 140's are 1P55FMJ (55 mm bore x 59 mm stroke) ... I bought 3 of those as well ...

It's easy for sellers to BS what motor they have in a built bike but crate motors come with the Lifan quality control inspection certificate stuck in between the cylinder fins ...

I also bought a genuine grey Lifan 125 and it was in a Lifan box with the certificate ...

The Pitpro 150 XR's have a GENUINE Lifan 150 in them and that's most likely because nobody has made up fake LF150 Daytona style engines YET ... They look like a really good bike for the price ! ...

The YX factory has been copping a bad rap lately as far as reliability and quality control goes so people are unlikely to risk substituting YX engines as Lifans ...

Cactus Jack - Cheers, puts my mind at rest. Was hoping I had not paid for an inferior engine, advertised as a Lifan.

Yes they are quire a good bike for the $$$. coming from Jap bikes I am very impressed with the power of the stock 150. Now to see if the rest of the bike holds up.

i think i may have a fake lifan 150 the one with blue grey gearbox casing i bought from dhz and i dont think it has the lifan symbol on its all bolt heads

IF it came with the signed and stamped Lifan inspection certificate stuck in the fins it's a Genuine Lifan engine ... I just checked my Lifan 150 and it has the smooth bolts too ! Maybe they didn't use them on the 150's because they are hard to fake since the clutch cover and alloy cylinder isn't on any other motor ... the 125 heads have the special LF bolts ... I CBF'd digging out a 140 to check ... LOL ....

cactus!!!got a BVH by any chance? you seem to chew through motors at a fair pace is all...

i aint forkin out 90 bucks for a new one:p

or are the black heads on the 125's all bvh? judging by the intake ports they are. and my mate wont part:( damn him!

The first batch of Lifan 150's had a hex bolt oil filler plug but it was hard to remove with a pipe fitted ...

BigpicofLifan150.jpg

The second batch had a flatter chromed allen head type oil filler ...

Lifan150engine.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the black heads are BVH's (27/23 valves) ... They have the smaller chamber and raise the compression when fitted to a Lifan 140 or 150 ...

I haven't gone thru any motors ... they're still intact ... I bought them while they were cheap so that I have plenty of spares for the future when prices go up ... And our Loncin 120 is still running great ... My brother in law has gone thru a few motors though ... he get's me to work them for him ... then he sells them at a profit after I put in all that effort ... but NO more !!!!

i think i may have a fake lifan 150 the one with blue grey gearbox casing i bought from dhz and i dont think it has the lifan symbol on its all bolt heads

LOL ... No DHZ wouldn't sell you a fake Lifan 150 ... My LF150 has the dark painted cases too and it was delivered in a Lifan box ... They can be made in several different configurations depending on what an Importer orders ...

150cc_Lifan_Engine.jpg

LIFAN_150cc_Engine.jpg

LIFAN150withhydraulicclutch-2.jpg

150cc_ENGINE.jpg

Latest posts

Back