Aaaarrrrgh header pipe

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadful

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
OK just threw a gpx outer rotor kitted 150 in my mso sr ..... header pipe don't even come close ... here's the thing Durant did the same a month or two ago and the header pipe went on no wuckas :confused:

So what's the go have they changed the head ???? do I need a new header:confused:

ya get another header, or take the one you have to a fabricator and customize it to suit

cheers guys ,thought as much ...just weird how Durants went straight on a month ago

usually they have 2 types of heads on these motors one uses klx head ports and the other uses crf head ports .you can buy an adapter to bolt the crf style pipe to klx style ports or vise versa but you have to buy it from the states seeing no one sells them here...

Cheers SAGA that makes sense ... still he knew what it was going into and what was coming out .

Think I'll just wait for the new header to get here ... another week of no fun :(

damn same thing happened to me after i was assured (by coolie lol, dont trust that guy hey) that it's a str8 swap bolt out bolt in... to say the least i was shattered ... still with the deal coolie got me on the motor another 100 somethin wasnt a problem and even picked one up the next day at buzz bikes... got a sweet deal on that too (cheers greggo)...as for 'another week of no fun' i feel that... personally i spent that time drowning my sorrows.. worked a treat time literally flew lol

he he he you and Cooly too :D

yeah it's an awsome feeling when ya go to chuck the pipe on isn't it .:rolleyes:

All good at least I understand now, I thought I was having a flashback or something standing there with the pipe in my hand :D

yeah and i still havent done anything bout the bashplate lol.... mounts on the head are too wide so its still only bolted on at the pegs... not that it moves... much lol. but yeah one day i'll fix that one :p

Yeah they take a different angled pipe and a different bash plate ... Some YX's (OGM and Dirtmax YX 150 engines) had CRF port angles but most have KLX angles ...

You can buy an NCC pipe adaptor ...

TBolt USA, LLC » Pitbikes » Pitbike Parts by Brands » N C C » NCC Exhaust pipe adaptor KH

The goons won't show pics of them because they're paranoid of being copied or some crap like that ...

ncc exhaust adapter - Planet Minis

But Pat Farsole secretly already had a pic ...

NCCEXHAUSTADAPTOR.jpg

---> Please [HELP!], NCC Adaptor Difficulties, Frustrations <-- - Planet Minis

NCC Pipe Adapter W/ PC or FMF Pipe - Planet Minis

FMF 4.1 on a OGM 150SX - Planet Minis

Cheers Cactus as always you are on the money ... apparently my new header n plate is on the way so I'll wait and see .Gotta twirl some spanners on the 4x4 anyway so it'll give me a chance to do that.

Who did you get your new pipe from ? ... The tall framed bike I've got has a YX150 in it stock and I wanted to stick my spare Lifan 150 in it if the YX ever stuffed up ... I wanted to be able to swap motors out and back with ease ... so in searching around I came across that adaptor ... The dude selling them wouldn't show a pic so I gave his contraption a miss and just bought a new pipe ... The taller frames need a special pipe which was hard to find at the time ... nobody had 'em but they turned up later on ebay ...

That adaptor looks bodgy anyway and would cost more than it's worth by the time you imported one ... Having the bracket cocked at an angle to the studs isn't a very good idea ... It'd be simpler to hack saw halfway thru a stock pipe and tilt the flange to the proper angle then reweld it ... Or just buy a new one ... An FMF 4.1 KLX pipe would be good to get but they're a bit pricey for a hack around play bike ...

Latest posts

Back