ABS Brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadden91

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these ABS systems on ebay?
MONKEY BIKE ANTI LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM ABS PITBIKE - eBay, Other Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Vehicle Parts Accessories. (end time 22-Apr-10 03:19:10 AEST)

ea89_10.JPG

They look the part, but how do they work? Front? and or Rear? Are they worth it? Are they easy to hook up?

Cheers guys

I was gunna get some a while back but never did lol
from what I gather, they replace the bolt that holds the line to the caliper, and absorb some of the pressure put on the the brakes while they are engaged... That's just my logic and have had no experience with pitty ones, as of yet :D

ABS works by detecting wheel lock and releasing brake fluid pressure to allow the disc/wheel to begin to turn again (that's why you get the judder with ABS).

From what I can see what you've just posted is a cheap pressure release valve, unless it is computer controlled (like car/motorcycle ABS) it's going to do didley squat!

Save your money :)

Lol thats what I thought krazed. I think your right Matt, all it's going to do is reduce the pressure the pad actually exerts on the disk. Unless it acts in some way like a pressure pop off valve, allowing the pressure to build up and release repeatedly. But if it did that, surely it would just release all the pressure in the line after a couple of cycles.

Has anyone actually tried one?

Last edited:
I'm buying some Jake;) il take the bullet and see what they are like... Remind me I join the f b group "I'd take a bullet for you, like a bb not a real one" think that's it's name haha

I shal tell you there level of goodness in a couple weeks if you can wait

Lol I'm getting some too :p

My back break sucks, it locks up if I barely touch it. It's destroying my yard haha. We'll see how it goes

Last edited:
Jesus JR reckons 20-40 days shipping screw that, just grab me a set when you get yours Matt

abs means no skids, skids are fun, leave those things alone.

abs means no skids, skids are fun, leave those things alone.

+1

It's also fun watching n00bs shoot over the bars when they get a little too excitable with the front brake ;)

The only thing I can see this "ABS" widget doing is making the brakes feel spongy... Yuk!

Hmm well I don't want my mates jumping on my bike then going over the bars wrecking my bike and I like the rubber on my rear to stay where it is. Plus I want to just see if they work or not

ive got something similar that will be on my bike next week and ill be testing it next weekend so i can give you feedback then if you want guys.

Sorry to bump a ten year old thread , BUT did anyone buy this "Gadget" does it do anything remotely like its is supposed to????

I had one on my mini motard and just reduced the pressure to the rear caliper, then outta the blue I lost all rear brakes as the adjustor cap fell off causing me to go deep and on the grass nearly stacking, haha.

Latest posts

Back