adjusting norco mtb front suspension?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle

Reaction score
how do you adjust sr suntour m2000n-a mtb suspension on a norco mountaineer to make them stiffer because at the moment they are extremely soft and bottom out easily. I have consulted the owners manual and "there's such a wide variety of suspension that it's not possible to mention them individually". I've also googled it and no such luck so I've used common sense and figured that the turny knob thingo (pic at bottom) had something to do with it but I'm not game enough to stuff with it. please any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers kyle

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5
for those type of forks the 'knob thingo' is the only adjustment available. depending on make of fork, but usually turn the knob clockwise to make the compression stiffer. i suggest if you are bottoming them out you should upgrade your forks.

yep.. SC140 is on the mark.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that fork is pretty cheap and nasty, its not designed to be used for jumping. its basically a minimal travel mtb fork, 100% fine if you were riding along bike tracks and paths, but as you found out not so great in taking a beating.

how often have they bottomed out? what kind of riding are you doing?
If you put the front brake on HARD and try to roll the bike forward is there much movement where the fork uppers connect to the lowers? if there is be VERY careful riding as this is the first sign of uncertain failure.

depending what your price range is and what you want to do there are numerous choices in the MTB fork choice, from a $200 new job that will be similar to what you have upto $2k for a 8inch travel downhill fork.

a decent inbetween is something like the RockShox Pike or the Argyle or even the dart.

We have a dedicated thread to post up pushbikes in, try searching for "pushie tricks" or "bitter" and the link will become obvious.

thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it whether it's good or bad. oh well maybe next bike is a mongoose downhill and leave the norco to mum.

thanks again, kyle.

Latest posts

Back