Advice needed on downsizing.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the hill climb advice, I'll definitely keep it in mind if I ever come across one :)

Reps + ROFL

Yeah get it going in the driveway!!! Unless you're somewhere dodgy cause people around will know you have a pit bike in the shed...but best not to be paranoid should be covered under home and contents ins :D

Did you see the video of me in the back yard of the rental doing some "weeding"? The small stuff really helps even if I'm only in first gear then you just have to think about clutch and brakes. Any riding time at all really will help but small area and low speed is what they teach you first for a motorcycle licence! Just wear all your protective stuff, conctete and paving is much harder than dirt ;) plus you'll grow some muscles pretty fast even doing 10mins of slalom in hte driveway a couple of days a week!!

Also you may be able to tune your carby a little better for your needs, as in not needing so much top end. I dont think it would be all that hard even for a beginner :thumbup:

Last edited:
Oh and could you guys give me your opinion on how much I should sell this for?

It's a really light frame 125, not sure on the brand or anything.
It doesn't start, and I don't know how to fix it.
I bought it from a lady on gumtree a while back who had no idea what was wrong with it, as it was her ex partners bike. I got it because it was cheap and thought it was probably just a minor, easy fix problem. Wanted it to be a project bike at the time. Managed to get it going after about 100,000 kicks and it was really quiet and ran fine. But then could never get it started after that.

There's something wrong with the kickstart. You can push the lever down and around all the way with your hand until it hits the footpeg.
Then there's a whole bunch of other things like it's got the wrong stand on it (too short), the seat clips are broken so the seat and plastics aren't actually attached, bit of rust happening, the choke butterfly is missing, and it possibly needs a new shock.
Gear pattern is 1N234.

So how much would you guys sell it for?

20140101_110448.jpg

Not toooo dodgy. I live on 5 acres so it'd be a feat for them to get to the house and not alert any of the dogs anyway, they'd definitely know about it but. The 150 is pretty loud.
Just looked at the video, I guess that's one way of doing it haha. Almost made me dizzy just watching it.
Yeah, once my bike falls over it takes some effort to pick it up, so some muscles wouldn't hurt :p (tipped it over in some soft sand a few times) So the driveway might be the go.
I don't know a great deal about carbys, but it got turned down to give me less top end after my second ride.
And I introduced myself before I posted this thread :)

Sorry I checked it before I posted and though I deleted that introduce yourself post....oops!

That bike in Darwin sounds like the kick start gear is stripped...around $200, not really sure what the market up there is like for them. Might be something simple like the kick starter being loose but if it was, then it may be stripped, they're not expensive to buy but require you taking the engine apart. If you want $200 put it up on gumtree for $250 and see how you go!

All good.
The engine cover is see through, so you can see that it doesn't spin properly every time you kick it?
Yeah I was thinking around 200, but didn't know if that was being too optimistic :p

All good.
The engine cover is see through, so you can see that it doesn't spin properly every time you kick it?
Yeah I was thinking around 200, but didn't know if that was being too optimistic :p

Well you can still jump start it if thats the case...just say that in the ad!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back