Advice on tuning after 1/4 turn throttle install

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipe

Reaction score
hi guys,

After installing my oko flatslide i bought a 1/4 turn throttle. I fiddled with the air/fuel mixture screw in order to get the bike to rev cleanly as best i could, but is their anything else i need to do in order to get the bike running smoothly? i might go down in main jet to 95 and a 36 in pilot.

What engine is it on? Is the air filter oiled? Have you checked for air leaks around the rubber boot?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

engine is a yx140. should be no exhaust leaks or anything. airfilter is oiled. the throttle seems snappy enough although it isnt dead on. Im thinking it still might be the jetting as i havent completely solved it.

I think it has a #38 / #100 in it now ?
http://www.miniriders.com/chinese-mini-s/42047-running-hot-after-24mm-oko-install.html

How many turn's out is your mixture screw now ?
And you've blocked the power jet off too now haven't you ?

Can you take a photo of the carb looking in toward's the slide with the air filter off for us
And a couple of photo's from different angle's of the carby and filter bolted up to the manifold too
It might help us diagnose it.

Also as Stu mentioned have you checked for vacuum leak's ?
Start the bike and let it warm up, then spray some wd40/degreaser/carby cleaner on the join's from the carby to rubber adapter, adapter to manifold and manifold to head
If the engine speed or idle change's in any way then there is a leak there.

Sometime's the rubber manifold face can warp if the bolt's have been over tightened and not let it seal properly
In this case i would make up a thick gasket from some gasket paper, remove the rubber o'ring from the adapter and fit the gasket instead
Then try it out

Hey man i just sprayed some degreaser around it and around the exhaust to i dont believe there are any vacume leaks though. I believe the air mixture screw is about 1.5 or so out. What i did observe though was as you snap the throtttle it will build find to half way up then bog until you let it go, like it wont cleany rev through. I havent blocked the power jet yet might be next on the to do list. Yeah and i believe its 38 and 100. You know my bike better than i do.

Is it easy to start? Maybe drop the main jet down like you said, try a 95 or 98. If you put the needle clip on the very top notch does it help at all?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Changing your throttle will change nothing in the carby. So any carby problems you have were pre existing

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

So it blip rev's fine?

Is this bog when you are riding it? or just trying to rev it out from the blip rev ?
You are best of trying it out by riding it

A bog at 1/2 throttle and up is too lean, both on the needle and just onto the main jet
Try moving the clip down the needle to the 4th notch down or even the bottom one first
If this help's, i think you'll need a couple of bigger main jet's like i mentioned in your other thread, get a #102 and a #105 like i ran in my OKO 26 on my 150 Lifan
Sing out if you cant get them easily, i have some here

Its when I blip the throttle that it happens at idle not riding. I'll stick those vaccume caps on and see what difference it makes before fiddling with the jetting again

I installed the rubber caps on the carb but not too much difference at idle (havent ridden yet). I did notice though when tuning the air mixture screw, firstly when its turned all the way in it doesnt change revs it still just sits. Secondly i have my screw out just before 2-2.5 id say.

Latest posts

Back