after some HRI racing info .

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyxxx

Reaction score
hi guys new to the mini scene. i would like to get in to some mini racing around s/e qld

and after searching i found HRI racing, i no what class i will compete in (12 AM) just got

a few questions about it

1, how much is it to race the season ? do i need a racing license ?

2, do i need all the safety gear ?

thanx guys i did search first but could find any info on what i need and how much .

not sure how much it wont start till next year now

but big things are heading your way from our friends at hri

you won't need a race licence at this stage but you will need the safety gear

enjoy

it was around $65 each race . and there was i think 6 races this year. so whateva that is lol... if you pay for all 6 you get 1 free . so pay for 5 and get the 6th race as well.

With gear , pretty sure you just have to be full covered up.
so shoes and jeans are good to go i believe.

And this year no license was required.

But next year if they get another one going , they should put all the information up that you need. mite be abit different then it was this year.

ok thanx alot yeah i no you have to be covered just wasn't sure on boots . thanx alot again . um where is the track/s ?

Here you go mate:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/riding-spots-events/21857-hri-minimoto-series.html

HRI is the man you want to see. Send him an e-mail or private message and he'll be able to help you out. Here is his profile page:
- Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum - View Profile: HRI

Also check out the threads he has made, might be some info in there for you:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/search.php?searchid=261370

Welcome to MR http://www.miniriders.com.au/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html and good luck.

Welcome to MR

Track locations varied abit .

Caboolture area
Logan area
Fort lytton which is just over the gateway bridge

But there is no info on what is happening next year as far as i no.. so you no just as much as everyone else.

Could be using same tracks , or a hole set of new ones.

ok yeah thats good thanx alot for the info guys

I dont know if he will run again boyz after the debarcle from his last series, No prizemoney, no apoligies and nobody wants him back at their tracks.

a few sponsers pulled out and took their money with em they said.
Did they send you letter sixeven?I got 1 of em about it all.
I hope they run next yr i got free entry!! haha

I dont know if he will run again boyz after the debarcle from his last series, No prizemoney, no apoligies and nobody wants him back at their tracks.

Thats not true...

I received a letter in the mail explaining how sponsors had pulled out & hri actually gave $ vouchers for next years races to compensate for the sponsors pulling out.
All place getters received a bag of goodies aswell.

I personally hope they do run a series again this year as they were in my opinion great , the tracks were different & there were different formats & there hadnt been anything happening in the mini scene for a long time.

yer i had a blast!!
so what we didnt get prize money i dont race for money i do it for fun.Thou it was good getting paid in the dash for cash!!haha :)
If wasnt for mat would of been stuff all races on!!
Bring it on next yr i say!!
BBBBRRRAAAPPPPPPP!!

yeah its a shame aus is so retarded in the competition/events side of things....
if only we would catch up to america's ways. they have bullsht amounts of events all the time...

more business's need to get involved...not that theres many leading pit bike joints around, but if theyd hold 1 together rather than separate events then it wouldn't hert there pocket so much.

and ya rarely see any honda shops putting there hands up to hold or sponsor events...

fort lytton have a raceday every month. no lic needed and heaps of fun. in 2010 they will have prize money at each round as well.

Thats not true...

I received a letter in the mail explaining how sponsors had pulled out & hri actually gave $ vouchers for next years races to compensate for the sponsors pulling out.
All place getters received a bag of goodies aswell.

I personally hope they do run a series again this year as they were in my opinion great , the tracks were different & there were different formats & there hadnt been anything happening in the mini scene for a long time.

I didn't receive any letter. I did however get told at presentation that they would send out the cheques.. I am sure i wasnt the only one who heard them say it.
So after saying they would have 7k in prizemoney on the flyer and not once telling us throughout the series they couldnt pay prizemoney AND telling us at presentation they would send out the prizemoney and taking around 30k in entry fees(u work out the average) that you beleive thier bullsh1t about the sponsors pulling out? I dont usually race for prizemoney but when a "promoter"(and I use that term loosely)advertises prizemoney then usually they deliver. Every other mini race I ever attended gave the prizemoney out that they promised regardless of what happens with sponsors. So why should we let this guy off for what was an obvious money making scheme that only managed to pay his living expenses whilst he was out of work. Perhaps if that didnt happen then maybe he would have had enough of the money he took from us riders in entries to pay the promised prizemoney!!!

I hope there is more mini races next year too but I also hope they are run by the honest guys that ran them before. not people who do it only for their hip pocket.

I didn't receive any letter. I did however get told at presentation that they would send out the cheques.. I am sure i wasnt the only one who heard them say it.
So after saying they would have 7k in prizemoney on the flyer and not once telling us throughout the series they couldnt pay prizemoney AND telling us at presentation they would send out the prizemoney and taking around 30k in entry fees(u work out the average) that you beleive thier bullsh1t about the sponsors pulling out? I dont usually race for prizemoney but when a "promoter"(and I use that term loosely)advertises prizemoney then usually they deliver. Every other mini race I ever attended gave the prizemoney out that they promised regardless of what happens with sponsors. So why should we let this guy off for what was an obvious money making scheme that only managed to pay his living expenses whilst he was out of work. Perhaps if that didnt happen then maybe he would have had enough of the money he took from us riders in entries to pay the promised prizemoney!!!

I hope there is more mini races next year too but I also hope they are run by the honest guys that ran them before. not people who do it only for their hip pocket.

Are you Matt Skerret?

I can understand how winners would be a bit cut about not receiving prize money, but its mini bike racing..... its for pure fun factor, and personally i dont think the entry fee's were too steep weather they made 30k in profit or not. Good tracks are hard to come by and we got to ride some bloody good tracks... I guess they shouldnt promise things they cant deliver, but no point making a big deal about it. I sincerely hope they hold another series next year

im pretty sure at prezzos i heard em say that we will recieve some thing in the mail, i didnt hear cheques?
And i did eventually get 1 looks like jase RDN50s got 1 aswell a letter explaining all?
And realy $7000 prize money over what 7 classes, 1000$ prize money per class?
So 1st maybe got 600$ 2nd 300$? 3rd 100$ per class
Is not like we were gunna be able to retire after getting paid!
Im still thankfull that mat and carly did what they did though out the yr with all dramas they had with weather and all.
Got to meet some good people and got to see some good racing and come home with a few 1ST's and some cash in 1 of the zeda dash for cashes, so far as i look at it i got MORE than my moneys worth!!
BBBBRRRAAAPPPPP :)

Last edited:
im pretty sure at prezzos i heard em say that we will recieve some thing in the mail, i didnt hear cheques?
And i did eventually get 1 looks like jase RDN50s got 1 aswell a letter explaining all?
And realy $7000 prize money over what 7 classes, 1000$ prize money per class?
So 1st maybe got 600$ 2nd 300$? 3rd 100$ per class
Is not like we were gunna be able to retire after getting paid!
Im still thankfull that mat and carly did what they did though out the yr with all dramas they had with weather and all.
Got to meet some good people and got to see some good racing and come home with a few 1ST's and some cash in 1 of the zeda dash for cashes, so far as i look at it i got MORE than my moneys worth!!
BBBBRRRAAAPPPPP :)

Not the point bretto. He didnt deliver what he promised and yet we went to all the rounds paying to race. I dont know how well off you are but $600 is $600 and it all helps us get to the next race. I dont race for the money either but when someone PROMOTES an event and ANNOUNCES prizemoney then they sure as hell want to deliver or they wont get any respect from the riders or sponsors he is trying to get for his next race. To all you guys who have respect for someone who lies his way through a 6 round series like that then i think you are soft as sh1t.

oh my... bit cut are we....
make your mind up, you either race for money or you dont...

man have you thought about how much it costs to run theses events...
not cheap.. even tho there held on private property...

i can see your point at being cut for not getting prize money when it was offered at the start but what else would you of been doin if these events werent on....hmmm sweet fark all i recon...

and ya cant tell me that ya didnt have a blast and didnt meet alot more mini riders...

I must say hri crew done top job geting series together. i drove like 9hours to go to em. raced 2nd n final meating. Racen stock n limited lenders poting me lap down sometimes still haveing so much funn:). So meny nice people just out haven fun soemthing about racen kids bikes is hirlarious.

Latest posts

Back