Aftermarket CDI info needed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon fmxer

Reaction score
Do "race" CDIs actully work? I got told that there a waste of time. But I've been told that they Will improve performace let the engine rev out futher? Is this true?? Are they just a plug and play or is there tuning involved?

Thanks

they do work to a point... the lil blue boxes, with the red LED light to show your bike is sparking isnt a bad one...
They are a plug and play unit, and they will raise the rev limit a little bit, and i've found they kinda clean up the bottom end...
Dont expect epic changes though...

wat bike ur plannin to put one on?
the china ones on ebay say high performance but there just stock ones with a colourful case on it

some/most provide more kick back too, as they advance the timing more.

also to clear up something, no chinese cdi apart from maybe the lifan outer rotor cdi(which i doubt) has a rev limiter..

the noise you hear when you think its on the rev limiter is actually valve bounce...

I have recently purchased 2 posh type CDI's off ebay for $8 each and I have fitted them to my bikes. I am taking both away next weekend and will let you know if I find any difference from the stock ones. I don't expect to much improvement but at the very least, I will have the original CDI as a spare in my tool box as made in china can mean FORD. (fix or repair daily)

Latest posts

Back