Aftermarket Exhaust for yx160 - Worth It?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KtmJono_777

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a yx160 stock engine and I'm just in purchasing a Keihin PE28 carby for it. I have been looking for reviews and info on aftermarket exhausts but not finding much, maybe I need to look harder!!

Do you think an aftermarket muffler like a Pro Circuit T4 or a Two Brothers M-6 would be worth the 2-3 hundred dollars in performance gains? I like the idea of having a quiet insert that can be put in when needed.

Have you guys noticed improvements in your bikes and is it worth the money?

on a stock engine i wouldnt bother, but if your trying to squeeze every last little horse out then maybe, but then the only true way to tell is buy every pipe you see and test them... some pipes add top end some add bottom some add all...

test n tune

a procircuit and that would be too small wouldnt they? there ment for like a 50-88?

a procircuit and that would be too small wouldnt they? there ment for like a 50-88?

this is true,but dont forget there are the pro circuit t4's for the lxr's,psto's etc.
like sean said unless your trying to get every little bit of power out of the motor its not worth it(wank factor IMO)

i put a pro circuit t4 on my lxr, does go abit harder in mid and top end power but lost abit of bottom end, my bike has a ported v2 with pe28mm kelein wouldn't really bother if your engines stock, if your after more power try save up for a v2 or big bore

I would rather put the money on à new head if you are looking for some more horse power.

Thats good feedback thanks everyone. It's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm definitely happy to not spend money where it doesn't matter! I will see how the pe28 goes once dialed in, and then look at the v2 head later on when I get bored. Thanks for the honest answers y'all!

Latest posts

Back