Air Filter keeps falling off?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streeter

Reaction score
Ok so I have had my Ciniworx CXZ175 for 12 months now and it seems to keep loosing the air filters...

I have gone through heaps of them I put it down to I may be knocking them off with my boots whilst ridding no big deal they are cheap and at least this way I don't have to oil them lol.

So last last night I fitted my new uni filter that I bought for it came out the shed just an hour ago and found it on the floor next to the bike. I thought ok it must have been loose and ill just simply refit it refitted the filter left the shed came back and its on the floor again!!!

What am i missing here? its fitted to a OKO 28mm flat slide carbie any help would be great guys

Last edited:
I've learnt my lesson $25 worth of new filter gone within 2 hours of riding and another half hour of looking for it but couldn't find it but thanks to Corey he had a spare

Also try some plumbing tape on the carby. A few layers of tape will hold a bit better. It has worked for me in the past but usually your doing it up too tight and the clamp just squeezes and pops the filter off.

mine kept falling off too and i had to put it over the edge of the carb and tighten it really tight or it just falls off again :/

Trick I found was lightly tighten it and leave it overnite, then remove and you will see the indentation from the carby and put it back on that spot and don't overtighten. That's one thing China has done extremely well with and that's the filter attachment.

Trick I found was lightly tighten it and leave it overnite, then remove and you will see the indentation from the carby and put it back on that spot and don't overtighten. That's one thing China has done extremely well with and that's the filter attachment.

ive have had so many battles with the unuifilter rubber attachment falling off or splitting. i ended up cutting off the flter peice from the unifilter and sticking it to a china attachment and have not had any probs since then.

:coolthumb:
Also try some plumbing tape on the carby. A few layers of tape will hold a bit better. It has worked for me in the past but usually your doing it up too tight and the clamp just squeezes and pops the filter off.
That's a good idea

ive have had so many battles with the unuifilter rubber attachment falling off or splitting. i ended up cutting off the flter peice from the unifilter and sticking it to a china attachment and have not had any probs since then.

I have done similar to you Josh but i cut the filter off the china one and cut the unifilter rubber part that goes onto the carby flush to the rubber that the filter is attached to. And using a 2 part fuel resistant glue and glue the 2 together this works well just make sure you glue it evenly and i also glue around the outer edge of where i glued also just to make sure the dirt etc cant get in.

Another trick is to heat the inside of the filter with a flame and then tighten enough it makes a new indentation onto the carby. Usually fixes the problem.

Latest posts

Back