Air Filters + Other Bits

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-matty-

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been riding big bikes for 10 years now, but am new to the mini scene and also the website. A few questions below if you could help me out.

a) I intend on getting myself a Pitpro 140cc very soon (I don't want to be paying more than $1000 for a bike). Is this a wise choice?

b) I'm also going to put a big order in on a US website, such as MXSouth.com, for prts for my CRF and my new pitbike, whatever I get (due to the sweet exchange rate at the moment!). What I'm wondering is, what things should I automatically buy for the Pitpro (if that's what I get)? I was thinking new air filter, probably Uni Filter, Pro Taper bars and grips, sticker kit.. anything else I should get though so the bike won't fall apart? Will the Pro Tapers need bar mounts or similar as well (like you need when mounting new bars on a big bike)?

c) Can you give me precise names of the products, because ordering over the internet makes it difficult. For example, here is the Uni Filter page on MXSouth.. UNI Filter

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
First of all welcome to the site.. And minis

I would recommend doing abit of a search around the forum as there is a couple of threads with setup tips for new bikes and what you should buy for them off the bat.

Also in the video section there is a great video by snitchy that shows how to setup the bike and what should be replaced etc.

welcome to the world of mini's

as in big bike the endless grab for money

as for your bike wise choise ,looks like you have done some reading prior to ths thread

mate out of the box u have covered most things

but id also look for a rear shock depending on your weight
forks are a need but the stocks do well with an oil change

personaly id go an Innor rotor kit to get the thing to rev
a O-Ring chain as there hard to get in aust in a 420 pitch
mate it's hard to do as every person is different

the risers will be fine out of the box but you'll need those bars

also clutch and break levers are a bit on the sad side a change out of those would be great

as for your bike i would recomend the 2008 pitpro 140 xr from our sponcer

Mainlands performance

top bike that wouldnt need to many mods from stock

and if you say your a miniriders member you'll be well looked arfter as Brian is a top guy who supports this web site immensely

I was thinking more along the lines of the standard Pitpro 140cc, rather than the xr.

I weigh about 65kg, so still in need of a better rear shock?

get this stuff from there website

-Pro taper SE xr50 bend bars
-RK 428MXZ chain
-Pro taper dual density grips
-Uni filter for 25mm carb
-Graphics if you want

Then to ensure the reliability of the bike do this
-Loctite (thread lock) everything
-Run some decent semi-sythetic or mineral oil for the first oil in the cases
-Grease all moving parts
-Replace wheel bearings with good quality ones (stay away from japanese bearing like Nachi!!)

Then just follow out regular maintance routines like on ya big bike and your pitpro will purr along all day

Thanks mate, exactly the info I was after!

Will the RK chain fit on a stock Pitpro swingarm?

It says on the Pitpro website that the Mikuni carb is 30mm, does this indicate the size of the air filter needed? Or will the 25mm you recommended fit?

Wondering if you could do me a favour too, and find out the specific name of the Uni Filter or the product code for it? In terms of oil, I run Motul 5100 in my CRF250, but is this too synthetic for a mini?

Matt, me and my mates have been riding motoverts and pitpro's for a few years now we ride alot and have a couple of great tracks ,we shop at city motorbikes in melb vic open late 7days , great price and very helpfull ,I just sold my Pitpro 140 after a year of hard riding it was a great bike . Now i have the new Pitpro XR150 crazy power love the bike super fast Protaper bars Hon mini bend ,Progrips ,ride ready and delivered $1799.00 .Be careful getting stuff from overseas can sometimes cost alot more than you expect at post office i had to pay duty once.good luck matt motovert & Pitpro Rule.

Hi all, I've been riding big bikes for 10 years now, but am new to the mini scene and also the website. A few questions below if you could help me out.

a) I intend on getting myself a Pitpro 140cc very soon (I don't want to be paying more than $1000 for a bike). Is this a wise choice?

b) I'm also going to put a big order in on a US website, such as MXSouth.com, for prts for my CRF and my new pitbike, whatever I get (due to the sweet exchange rate at the moment!). What I'm wondering is, what things should I automatically buy for the Pitpro (if that's what I get)? I was thinking new air filter, probably Uni Filter, Pro Taper bars and grips, sticker kit.. anything else I should get though so the bike won't fall apart? Will the Pro Tapers need bar mounts or similar as well (like you need when mounting new bars on a big bike)?

c) Can you give me precise names of the products, because ordering over the internet makes it difficult. For example, here is the Uni Filter page on MXSouth.. UNI Filter

Cheers
Matt

Latest posts

Back