air filters

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought a uni filter from the motobike shop in my town and they are pretty good, recently i bought the stage two copy filter off ebay (the second one you listed) and is exactly the same, put it on last night and oiled it then covered it with the other black bit and it works just as well as the genuine but you don't get oil on ya leg if a rub up against it because of the black bit.

excellant buy for $14 i say. Also the way you measure your air filter is not on the filter but the inner diameter of the air filter, should be about 38mm.

doesn't matter if its a bit over or under like my old filter was bout 39.5 and the 38 fits perfectly its just because the old ones stretch a little.

hope this helps. ps. there is a must with all foam filters and that is to oil them, and keep them oiled, the dirt can get through an unoiled filter and do internal damage like on the valves.

you can use special oil filter oil, its meant to be stickler than normal engines oil but i used it all on my old filter so i just used 20w 50w i think its valvoline oil, does exactly the same, pour some straight out of the bottle into a empty ice cream container and place the filter in it, if you have a dual stage filter remove the black bit, get the oil on the filter and massage through you don't want heaps of oil in it as this may run into your carbi but just enough so that dirt and dust will get trapped in the oil.

i use shell air filter oil on my uni filter its about 12 bucks i think its really good

yeah i got the shell stuff too, seems to work great, the oil is bright blue lol

Latest posts

Back