Akunar Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daimojay

Reaction score
I thought seems i hadnt seen to many write ups on it, i thought id say my 2 cents worth on the following :-

GPX 125cc all up (bought off Tubes)

A370 7mm cam
66.5mm Crank (honda nice with offset pin)
59mm piston, to suit big valve head.
97mm rod
heavy duty clutch plates and springs

running with a
molkt 28mm
inner rotor and alu. oil slinger

Well i only got her all together after much di%*ing around getting the cam chain to fit with the 4mm spacer under the cylinder, but sucess at last and took it for a lil strap, and all i can say is holy f'ing compression..... i have to bounce off the kick starter to get to TDC o.0

but with overly rich pilot jet, and lots of tuning to do yet, it is to say the least, a weapon. I'm only running the standard BVH cam as i dont have springs yet, but just the stock cam on it is nuts. i thought it would be a lil pokey, not insane. everything was supplied that was needed (including ring gear to convert from a crank clutch setup and rivets. the cam gear was also included, it all went together without any hassles and goes like absolute stink.
i think i manged to hit 1/4 throttle up the street before it A) slid all over the place B) wheel stood, or C) had the people next door yelling.

ill update it when i make up a intake for my TM33, and get my cam and springs in, but for the moment i couldnt have been more happy with the service, price and support from Akunar :D

nate.

takes it out to 182cc. my foot hurts from kicking it over >.<

going out to run it in ill see how it goes than :D

hmm seems pics might be coming a lil sooner than expected. i think the gearbox had other idea which didnt include holding together :(

i was only taking it easy, 2nd gear wheelies, no clutch pops... so im hoping its the kick starter having a barry or something.

What do you think of the molkt 28mm carby and how do you reckon it will go on a Lifan 140cc engine?

great, ive never had a problem with it TBH.

i used it on the stock 125cc lifan that came in my bike, and it was great. just really picky on jetting, it has to be spot on ive found.

what is it for?? riding down the road in front of the cafe?? with this setup it won't hold up 10 minutes racing!! street or dirt !!
BTW a tm 33 is muuuuch too big for that thing....try an OKO 30

umm, the carby is fine. esp with the pumper on it. no bog nothing, ever tried one?

and how it is not going to hold up? only thing i can see it breaking is the kick starter. If you dont slam the clutch out and pop the shit out of it there is no reason it wont hold up.

Last edited:
time will tell:p ...first goes the clutchplates , then the oilslinger and when you are really lucky the crank blows before all of that:D ...been there ,done that!

and yes the pumpercarbs are neat but 33mm is too much for an engine with this low signal;)

well it ran much better then the 28mm, so i aint going to complain. its smooth and doesnt bog, cant ask for anything more.

heavy duty springs and plates, the only time the oil slinger or irk break is from failure of the crank. AS kurlon has pointed out many times, it happens to any combo as much as another, stock, irk, irk and oil slinger....

and time will tell i guess, as the next upgrade will be a gearset :)

kurlon is a selfcentered a$$wipe..I give a fuuk what he thinks...lately he acts like he invented pitbikes....ok had to get it off...now did you ever considered a slightly thicker headgasket to cure your startproblems?? worth a try;)

the mountain, you will get a laugh out of this...

finished running it in, hit a max of MAYBE 1/2 throttle, and blew 4 teeth of 1st gear >_<

and i thought the clutch was going to be the first thing to go haha.

cracked the shits, buying a YX165 off firepower (PM.com) and putting my 66.5mm crank in it, and eventually going to a 65.5mm piston :D

weeeeeeeee.

WHO STARTS A BIG LIKE THAT IN FIRST GEAR....lol
....the engine from firepower is a muuch better option ...you will see;)

haha yeah i know :) just i had the gpx125 here in the first place.

i only started in the once in 1st gear lol. no throttle just let the clutch out, cracked the throttle, pulled a 1-3rd gear wheelie, and in the process it chewed about 6 teeth clean off 1st :(

yeah i have been talking it over with firepower, and he said it should hold up no worries with the 224cc kit in it, i just have to head down to a CBC and get bearings to fit the crank into the 150 case. lucky i chose the 97mm rod from akunar :D otherwise it would have been a PITA to get a cylinder that the piston wont be to far out the bottom on BDC.

im trying to get my mates digi camera so i can post some piccies >.<

this crank will be the ultimate test for the yx engine....lol...hope you got it balanced and from the start ,get some kevlar clutchpads and a trx90 basket
Interesting project...hope it will live more than an hour:p ;)

theres only so much it can be balanced being a single, but its been trued, and balanced as much as i could get it, had to turn it a lil bit as there was a little bit of a missalignment from having the pin welded.

yeah im getting the basket, and possibly the Ct70(honda primary) conversion for the cush drives too. just have to find one :(

... you could try to get the Hinson cushiondrives from a crf150 clutch...should be the right diameter and they are not soo expensive....primary gear , you can use whatever...ct70, ss70,trx90, atc90-110!;) and don't forget some stronger springs:p

i was thinking of making something up from urethene or poly. as it would be farr more durable and less likey to shit its self... but i havnt thought that far ahead yet >.< i have 2 weeks before the motor gets here.

ive got heavy springs for it, and was looking into some better quality clutch plates as mine are just your regular heavy duty ones. something like the TAKE kevlar ones maybe ?

Latest posts

Back