alloy frame braaapster

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7036casey

Reaction score
anyone no if the frame is any good thinking of buying one but not sure on the frame i dont want someone to just say a cheap china shit frame i want some =one that has ridden or really noes wat these are like

Attachments

• alloy braaapster.jpg
    alloy braaapster.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 89
cheap China shit frame...

Only jivin with ya. I have'nt ridden the frame, but have been doing some frame developement and I don't llike it just from seeing it. Geometry is not real good IMO.

the bike looks good i think the frame looks ok (just my oppinon what would i no) but i defenatly think the swing arm is shit

seeing my bike is based on a braaapster id give it a thumbs up... swing arm looks to be the same as mine but with a longer shock... and the forks look like the forks i may be upgrading to if i cannot get these small issues sorted... (not a fastace to $$$ for what i want)

EDIT: <<<<<<<<<<they also seem to run jailing engines instead of lifans, this is what DHZ told me as he has a small stock of braaapstars i do not know what reason is but maybe he is trying to up his quality>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Braaapster in the same league as motovert ,thumpstar etc. price wise

Man that bikes rrp is $3499 i dont think it would be crap, but freakin overpriced :eek:
have a look at www.braaap.com.au
it looks like a good spec BSE bike? dhz might have got a hold of something similar?
as far as i know you can only buy braaps from there web site?
i will get to find out how fast these braap bikes are when i race the braaap series here in tassie next month:D might take the 140 see if he can find me a moto or 2 otherwise im riding my mates klx 110
just checked with braap open class has 138cc limit, under ama rules 138cc + 10% so looks like my bikes in:D :D

Last edited:
na, im pritty sure DHZ had genuine braaapstars, as braaapstar sticker kit were on em, and the boxes they were in had braaap.com clearly printed on them

The alloy frame Is OK not as stable in the air as the chromealloy frame in the earlier Maestro this frame on the one mentioned is the same as what AMA has just imported for testing in the air it is unbalanced.

Better off with the previous frame

same as the pitboss 110cc

Thats my 2 cents

Not sure how a bike is unbalanced in the air. Could you please explain what that means? Was it a windy day?

No mate just really light in spots hard to describe - no it wasnt a windy day spose its just sumfin you start to notice when you have raced for 23 years

cheers

perhaps more ridin time would have benefited

with this alloy frame

Braaapster Frame

the Braaap frame is a great frame, jumping and hard riding you would never bust it woth all the money spent :)

amain i see u say it is unstable how much do u weight
and have u seen any problems with the swingarm cracking on the back v weld. dont take the weight question the wrong way .i have also raced for 12 years and are thinking of get a alloy braaap

73 kg dude and no probs in cracks no cracks i have found in any new braaap

and we jump the lil fuggas big

I would think you might want to have a look at the Motovert Expert if you want to spend the bucks. I haven't compared specs or anything but they look the same and the expert is cheaper.

dont look at the RRP on the Braaap also the braaap will have much better suspension

Mention Cash and youll save $$$$$

cool yah i heard the shock in the motoverts break the angle they run makes it bind or somthing like that and the forks arnt adjustable .
to me the expert looks like it myt have the same frame as the braap

yes has same frame that is correct the braaap runs a 120cc lifan engine as apposed to the jailing in the expert - the lifan will rev harder particularly the 120cc and it is a 120cc not a 125cc so you can get upgrades like the 138cc to bolt on

cheers

Is the Fastace suspension on the braaap better than the Marzocchi forks and DNM shock on the mojo expert?

no, i think those mojos are very good bikes, though i dont know much about the braaaps but they looks like a good bike for the amount of money

I dont want to sound like this is a opinionated answer but i have spent time on both bikes and i would have to say the fast ace is much better once dialed in

i just love the amount of options you have with the fast ace in both front and rear - but im not knockin the motoverts option they are still very good

I think the fast ace fork will be easier and cheaper to service in the long run

My 2 cents

Cheers
Cogo

IMO - That frame was designed for fully adjustable fastace forks and a cradle swingarm fitted with a 270mm fastace shock.

The chinese don't care much for the setup of a bike and once they have a selling frame they put it under everything. Without modification I believe that frame will not perform well unless running the above setup.

Latest posts

Back