Another carb thread...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millzy555

Reaction score
Sorry guys i hate posting topics that have been covered to death....but i've read almost every carb thread regarding the OKO flatside. For a 125 with exhaust, air filter and focused on top end, is the 26mm the one to go for or the smaller 24mm. I keep finding opinions on either side- so which one is the ticket??

Cheers Jordan

Last edited:
The 24mm is the one I'd be opting for. On a stock 125 without any head work, it would find it hard to move through the sufficient amount of air and fuel required for the carb to run well, with no low down bog with a 26mm OKO.

The 24mm should be ok with a bit of tuning, there is plenty of users on here with experience tuning the OKO's, so you shouldnt have too much of a problem with it.

why do you want to use such a big carby ?

the Braaap Daytona 190's come out with a Mikuni 22mm

why do you want to use such a big carby ?

the Braaap Daytona 190's come out with a Mikuni 22mm

It's not that i want to use it, its pretty much the general consensus after what i've read on here/ various other forums that people use. Will stick with the 24mm oko.

Cheers

ok,
you can get a 125cc bike to be very responsive, and pull hard to WOT, using a 19mm Mikuni too

if you go for the OKO, are you buying the Powerjet one ?
NEW OKO 24mm Flatslide Race Carby KIT 140cc 150cc 160cc | eBay

you will probably need a bigger Pilot Jet, try a #38
and the Main Jet that comes with them is a bit too big too, because the Powerjet adds about 10% more fuel at 3/4 throttle - WOT,
i found using a 92 Main worked well on my 150cc.

ok,
you can get a 125cc bike to be very responsive, and pull hard to WOT, using a 19mm Mikuni too

if you go for the OKO, are you buying the Powerjet one ?
NEW OKO 24mm Flatslide Race Carby KIT 140cc 150cc 160cc | eBay

you will probably need a bigger Pilot Jet, try a #38
and the Main Jet that comes with them is a bit too big too, because the Powerjet adds about 10% more fuel at 3/4 throttle - WOT,
i found using a 92 Main worked well on my 150cc.

Yeah that's the one i was looking at. Sweet will try those options/ swap out the jets and report my findings

Just backing this up, installed the oko no dramas and have finally sorted a decent idle out. Bike pulls strong with a crack of the throttle off the line all the way to 80kms/hr. No stutter, no coughing. Did a plug chop today which revealed it was running lean (no tan line to be seen). Now am i better off going back to a 95 main or lowering the needle??

Cheers

the Needle clip might get it close, but maybe on the bottom notch ?

but if you still have the #95 Main, try it back in there and do another plug chop to check
what Main are you running now ?

the Needle clip might get it close, but maybe on the bottom notch ?

but if you still have the #95 Main, try it back in there and do another plug chop to check
what Main are you running now ?

Went with your recommendation with a 38 pilot and 92 main. Will try the bottom notch and see where it's at

do you know what jet the Power Valve has in it ?
and did it come with any other Power Valve Jets ?

do you know what jet the Power Valve has in it ?
and did it come with any other Power Valve Jets ?

Just had a quick look and couldnt see any markings on it- so assume its stock (nothing in the packaging either). Was reading that you can block it off??

yeah you can, but you'll need to change the main jet to one about 10% bigger

yeah you can, but you'll need to change the main jet to one about 10% bigger

Figured that was the case, will start with the Needle and do another plug chop, then onto the main. Cheers

Latest posts

Back