Another project, pitpro 155 se

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exhaust leak is not a good thing... did you use the new gasket? I found the one in my kit to be a bit small (thickness wise) so i got a couple off DHZ yet they were a bit big so I "smashed" em in there a hammer and screwdriver (with a touch of finess...) the bolted back up and she was sweet. ACTUALLY on second thought grab yourself some of this
http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/370796803130?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes
I got some from AutoPro for $15. Chuck some of that on and leave it overnight and that should get ya sorted :)
i did use a new gasket, on a second look i dont think its leaking (ran the bike and put my hand around the header) and i could not feel anything so i think its just the tappets im hearing (set them a little loose)

IMG_0146[1].JPG
fuzzy as all hell but now you know what she looked like yesterday (needed to install a new tank and when i put the pipe on i had to take the rear subframe off to get it in there lol)

There's a bike in that pic????

Just jokin mate, all set for the weekend now :)

i need to get some little rivits for the muffler other than that she seems good to go :) i have not done too much test riding around the back yard because of the noise lol (its not even f the neibours noise its im concerned with me health noise)

allright, got her rivited but as because i played with the header so much to get her to get a good seal i did not consider the mufflers and where they would end up.. so anyway i have got one muffler sitting about 10mm down.. im just going to do the dodjy and tie wire it on nice and tight, i dont have more time to buy another exhaust and whatnot

I just rode the bike for the first time today... THE THING IS WILD.. i can see what they mean by the s35 being to aggressive for a stock bore though it really has to be near the limiter to make big power

I found the same drama when i put a very aggressive cam in my stock bore YX 150 Dirtmax engine once. Like you said you really have to be near the limiter to make any big power.

she needs bigger jets i think... i had to move the pin down to the bottom clip to make her go full throttle on midrange will sort that out after raceday (should be allright for the day) and if it does seize then i have a reason to upgrade to a larger bore

i will post pics of the oil, i changed it today... it was shiney alike a new ran in motor... i dunno if the bloke ever changed it... more inportantly there were no big chunks of gear so it seems to be in good nik internally

Not anymore, on practice of vcm 2013 the exhaust rocker cover fell off... i did not notice anyway when i got back from practice i noticed the smoke and i was out of oil...

anyway got another cover back on and filled her up with oil and still rode another 2 races (2 and a bit) flat out like it never happend..

now there is little compression and alot of blowby (not as bad as one of the bikes in vcm lol) so now is when i save for a 184 kit (177 on my engine) other than that i may make the piston and bore go through another day or two at frankston :)

Not anymore, on practice of vcm 2013 the exhaust rocker cover fell off... i did not notice anyway when i got back from practice i noticed the smoke and i was out of oil...

anyway got another cover back on and filled her up with oil and still rode another 2 races (2 and a bit) flat out like it never happend..

now there is little compression and alot of blowby (not as bad as one of the bikes in vcm lol) so now is when i save for a 184 kit (177 on my engine) other than that i may make the piston and bore go through another day or two at frankston :)

Oh well, good excuse to upgrade i reckon ;) You might get away with a new set of rings and possilby a piston? Pull it down and have a squiz, doesn't take too long and it'll give you an idea of what your up for...

Oh well, good excuse to upgrade i reckon ;) You might get away with a new set of rings and possilby a piston? Pull it down and have a squiz, doesn't take too long and it'll give you an idea of what your up for...

i will have a look, the thing is is that during practice i was riding it pretty hard and i dont know when it dumped its oil so i think the piston would be pretty damned scratched as with the bore... or maybe i was lucky and it is only the rings sticking to the piston or warn out :p still its a ****ter right after you spend $440 on the bike im just happy i could race all day

i will have a look, the thing is is that during practice i was riding it pretty hard and i dont know when it dumped its oil so i think the piston would be pretty damned scratched as with the bore... or maybe i was lucky and it is only the rings sticking to the piston or warn out :p still its a ****ter right after you spend $440 on the bike im just happy i could race all day

Yea it's a sheet thing to happen, but ya live n learn ;)

After vcm and a exhaust valve cover falling off.. the bike has began to smoke alot...

so i tore he head off the bike expecting the rings to be screwed... turns out the camchain was loose and the cam retainer plate was loose..
no signs of the valves hitting the piston THANK GOD but the rings did not look that bad and the bore only had tiny lines in it (not deep or anything) so i will keep that for now looks like when the exhaust valve stem seal has gone bad so i will have to replace that

i should be, just gotta sort out getting there and fees and money...

motorbike city did not even stock rings, they only wanted to sell piston and ring combo's.. annoying but whatever..

just done the valve stem seals, i tell ya what i did mine with a clamp and a spark plug socket and it was a prick to get the collets back in so, i filled the socket with little bits of paper (to push the collets in when i compressed the spring so they did not just fall over) and did it bam the collets have not fell out for both valves... there goes 3 hours of my life..

Last edited:
Paper, wtf. Me no understand. Did you forget to take the horse mask off? So the valve stem seal was damaged lad.

ooh yeah, they must have got hot REALL hot :p the band around the seal holding them on went a black/bluey colour also my roller rockers look funny... will post a pic soon

Latest posts

Back