Another Upright Citizen

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
XR80 turned 143cc, Tak clutch, oil pump, clutch & stator covers, head. Should button it up tomorrow. 9mm stroker crank w/Japanese rod, 58mm Akunar, 6mm base spacer.

Photo451.jpg

XR80 143 pictures by firepower354 - Photobucket

Do you do this for a job or something? it's unreal. How do you get the cases so polished??

Do you do this for a job or something? it's unreal. How do you get the cases so polished??

Yeah, sort of a hobby/job. Covers the mortgage and ballet classes.
Center cases get glass bead blasted, were black. Cover is Tak and easier. Just write a check;)

Got it pretty well buttoned up. Bike is still in need of the trick graphics, but they'll be another week or so. Still not bad for a 10 year old dirt bike;)

Photo471.jpg

Photo468.jpg

Photo463.jpg

Last edited:
I seent the pictures and video on FB . Nicest xr i have seen . What linkage are you running on it ? Is it your bike or a customer ? Nice work terry

Thanks Billy! It's got a Works shock and TK Racing link, steering stem and resivour clamp. Welcome to TK Race Products - the best High Performance Racing Parts
PE28 (of course;)), Tak air boot, push-button decomp, lightened flywheel, YX160 kicker (took some modding to bike and kicker). All for a 40 year old construction worker to beat around on. My personal stuff isn't as pretty, usually.

Hopefully, I can finish the 1975 XR75/106 this week. Less trick outside, more inside.

Last edited:
Thanks, lads! Next victim has a long way to go, but at least it's starting with the correct number of rear shocks:

Drilled frame for 12mm pivot rather than mod arm for 10mm shaft:
Photo478.jpg

Had to adjust swingarm inner distance on both arms:
Photo479.jpg

Photo483.jpg

Blasphemy! lol. KX60 arm, for fun:
Photo489.jpg

60 arm would let me dump the exhaust where I want it, though:
Photo490.jpg

Last edited:
Almost;) It's the better-priced, and 16mm shaft-fitting Piranha version:thumbup:
I had to grind a tad on the backside and run a different peg bracket bolt, but they don't clear the Zonger clutch cover without grindage, either. He's afraid to use it, even before seeing your pics, so it gets bumped.

Speaking of the Uprights, all that's left on the 1976 XR75/106 restifcation is an ignition and sending it home.

Photo556.jpg

Photo557.jpg

Latest posts

Back