Any idea how my rear axle assembly goes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turddirter

Reaction score
I have a jialing gl50. Somehow while riding I heard a clicking noise so I looked at my back wheel and my sprocket was sticking halfway out. Don't know how it happened but I went to take my rear wheel off and I was being very careful to keep it all together but I guess pressure or something made everything shoot out when I took the tire off. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of parts and no idea where they go. It has drum brakes on it. Can anyone tell me the order things normally go on the axle? The sprocket bearing exploded when I pulled the wheel off and the outer trace is stuck in the sprocket and I cant get it out -_-... but heres what I have...

I have a circular cap that seems to cover the sprocket and sprocket bearing

Then I have a small cylinder that seems to go in the middle of the sprocket bearing which I would assume the axle goes through.

Next I have a larger cylinder about an inch or so tall. This is the biggest problem Because I dont know if this cylinder goes in the sprocket below the bearing or if it goes on the drum side and is a spacer to keep the drum separated from the frame.

Besides that I have the axle bolt and nut and 2 large washers that I'm not sure where they go. One is a lock washer and the other seems to be just a regular washer. I'm not sure if these go on the outside axle nut to hold it on or have another purpose.

My biggest issue is the larger metal cylinder. If I dont put it between the drum and frame, nothing is there to space out the drum brake from the frame so you see about an inch of the axle bolt.

Can anyone give me a jist of how the axle normally goes to back together?
Thanks!

gonna needs pics mate, cause everyones description of certain parts is usually different than others.

Hey sorry about that! Here's the pics.

So the first one is the cap that I believe goes over the sprocket bearing.
js0uat.jpg

Next is the cylinder that I believe goes in the middle of the bearing. Not sure what might connect to it or if it just floats.
ngrsc8.jpg

Next is the broken inner bearing trace
1580zvd.jpg

Next is the sprocket itself
2hrl7ib.jpg

And finally here's the trouble piece. It's obviously a spacer.
2v99pxy.jpg

I'm not sure if it goes on the drum brake side and spaces the drum from the frame, or if it goes on the sprocket side and spaces the sprocket. I kind of thought it might have connected to the smaller cylinder and stuck in the sprocket cap or something. Not sure! But that's all the pieces I found besides the axle bolt.

yeah that bearing is unusable, time for a new set of bearings, easiest way to find where the spacer goes is to put the sprocket and drum on the rim and install it on the swinger put the axle in and set it up without the spacer on the axle, centre the rim making sure all the assemblies are where they should be and check how the chain is, obviously the chain must be very straight and the centre of the tyre should sit central to the shocky, then on one or the other sides should be a gap where the spacer should go. see how ya go mate.

don't ride unless your certain you got it right, other wise it may end in death

Latest posts

Back