Any Ideas Boys? (Clutch Problem)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb110

Reaction score
Right say im crusie along holding her through the bush :) and i get to a hill and she bogs down in 2nd or i take off on the hill, burning the clutch ABIT (not much) taking off it feels like the somethings slipping in my engine real bad!! :confused: only happends on the odd occasion.

i dont think its anything in my crankcase like gearing wise its not really like a grinding but kinda more like the clutch slipping really baddly... as i said only happends some times.. when theres abit of load on and say pulling up a hill.

could be in the clutch or the crank i dunno anyone had this happen?? at all?? any ideas?? :) :)

Hold on, I dont know if your getting the same thing as me but.. Sometimes, pretty much once in a blue moon it happens.. Im riding along revving hard.. sorta hit a slight bump.. In 4th mind you, then I rev and it feels like its in neutral .. Like im revving with the wheels not spinning just the engine roaring.. Sounds confusing I know.. But its confusing me what the problem is!

Darb i have the same issue with my ProX, im getting it looked at at the moment to find the exact cause, but I think its a selector/gearbox issue. Get it checked out before you do any more riding because it got very much worse once i rode it more doing testing on the problem.

All i know is my GB made a very bad crunching and rattling sound after i was testing to see what the problem was. I first had the issue in second gear where under load it would jolt like a slip then grab kind of feeling i also thought it was the clutch untill i changed to third gear and heard the the crunch.

Mine was a Ducar 140cc what is your engine? I want to gauge if its only the Ducars getting the issue, and if so im switching to lifan. If yours is a Lifan im going to get an upgraded/strengthened box. My bikes been out for 2 weeks now really starting to piss me off. Just get it checked before it gets worse.

ive got the same problem i think, when im accelerating it feels like im holding in the clutch for like a second an then lets go

anymore info on this problem we seem to be having would be great

yeh kourt its not like its really grinding case i did have abit of trouble and did the box in my old engine but yeh its more when im on the clutch goin up a hill or something?? case when your on the clutch abit taking off all the time it should be smooth if you ride right of course but it feels abit jerky?

yeh im running a lifan =)

my engine did it basically the first day i got it and i was thinking bout taking it back but i ran it in and put some race oil in it and i doesn't seem toooo bad and as you said benox only happens once in a blue moon.

kourt is your problem like you bike is jumping out of gear and then snatchen??

yeh i do have a funny feeling it might be in the clutch tho??

This might sound like a silly question, but have you tried adjusting the clutch?

i have tried adjusting the cable with no luck is there any adjustments on the clutch internaly?

ive got the same problem i think, when im accelerating it feels like im holding in the clutch for like a second an then lets go

anymore info on this problem we seem to be having would be great

Ah, this is a gearbox problem, some of the teeth off the dog on selector have been shaven off, stop riding it now or it will get worse, take the engine out and get it fixed.

Same thing for the person who started this thread, at the very start it will happen on hills and then get worse and worse.

Happened on both my bikes and one of my friends bikes and its one of the gears dying and getting chewed up, my pitpro engine (140 lifan) is at the shop right now getting 2nd gear fixed. If you keep riding it will eventually destroy the gear and it will be like being in nuetral when in this gear.

Its a major problem with these chinese engines, the gears are allways very weak.

Stop riding it or it will chew up the gear and not just the selector and will only do more damage!!

yeh man the cable was the first thing i went for =P but that all right ;)

Flarry i dunno maybe it will get worse but since iver had my bike it has really got better i dunno??

so u think its in the selector then?

Im not completely sure, but I think its a gearbox problem, Im sure Divy's problem is a gear box problem.

shit i thought so, but this is a new engine and has dont it since i got it

so what should i do guys?

open her up an check the gears to see if any are rooted?

yeh i opened my old engine up just case im not gunna use it again and doesn't matter if i fuk it but my good engine i dunno do really know enough bout wat im doin...

yeh mine did it since i had it too??? was thinking bout taking it back but died down hen i ran it in abit and changed the oil couple of times ;)

shit i thought so, but this is a new engine and has dont it since i got it

so what should i do guys?

open her up an check the gears to see if any are rooted?

If its still under warranty then you know what to do, mine started doing it after 4 months and a hell of a lot of jumps in 2nd.

If you want to be safe take to a shop but take apart and look if you want, look for shaven off teeth or other signs of damage (ovcourse).

Not really sure why it would do it when its a new engine... maybe Im wrong but it sounds exactly like it and I cant think of anything else it would be.

Is the chain skipping over the sprocket or anything?

yeah my sprockets are fine too

im not sure if its under warrenty still ill check my emails see when i bought it an ask mack

ill wait ot see if it is or not if its not ill open her up an have a look
but if it does have shavings where can i buy replacment gears for it??

has your mechanic said what was wrong with your flarry?
if your gears are gone where would your mechanic get a replacment from?

Well as I said to you on MSN, you cant get the gears anywhere but from another engine so Im waiting on the shop to find new parts.

Can't do that either, the engine and most of its internal parts are a package deal, you have to buy a new engine if you want a new gearbox.

Latest posts

Back