anyone into going to the gym regularly? (weights)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep cheers cactus jack.

There's a lot of 'my mate said this and that' type of talk about weight training, supplements and gym work, not to mention ridiculous marketing statements by various companies. But at the end of the day there's solid general guidelines to follow and training the legs is one of them.

At the end of the day theres not magic training strategy or supplement, nothing beats a solid foundation of proper eating and training hard. Still 2 things you still have to do even if you take the roid road!

Yeah I trained the proper way , always ate clean and natural and only used supplements that actually work ! ... I went to weight training seminars to eliminate any doubts I had and picked up a few handy tips ... I haven't been to the gym in quite a while but I'm not in too bad a shape for my age ... I'm getting the urge to get off my butt and start training again tho'... LOL ... The aim is to look like an Olympic sprinter ... not too heavily built but athletic looking ... At the end of the day you can't be what you're not ... you can only work with what mother nature gave you ... I'd love to strangle that bitch 'cause she ripped me off in the height department ...

Work those calves ...

DSCF2132-1.jpg

And forearms ...

DSCF2134-1.jpg

DSCF2127.jpg

And back ...

john003.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I trained the proper way , always ate clean and natural and only used supplements that actually work ! ... I went to weight training seminars to eliminate any doubts I had and picked up a few handy tips ... I haven't been to the gym in quite a while but I'm not in too bad a shape for my age ... I'm getting the urge to get off my butt and start training again tho'... LOL ... The aim is to look like an Olympic sprinter ... not too heavily built but athletic looking ... At the end of the day you can't be what you're not ... you can only work with what mother nature gave you ... I'd love to strangle that bitch 'cause she ripped me off in the height department ...

Work those calves ...

DSCF2132-1.jpg

And forearms ...

DSCF2134-1.jpg

DSCF2127.jpg

nice pics mate, you have obviously had experience in the gym before...hope ya get back into.... i know the feeling of not having gone in awhile you feel flat, but once u start pumpin weights again in a few weeks u jus feel awesome...

Far out there are a lot of misconceptions here.

If you want to get big quickly, you NEED additional protein. You cannot eat enough food to get the required protein to bulk up. Yes you can bulk up but it won't be as much or as quickly.

Creatine and Glutamine are the most overrated things I have ever seen! My boss has put on 25kg's of pure muscle in a year with only vitamins and protein. I found gluatimine slightly decreased recovery times, but not worth it over all for the price. Creatine did stuff all. Preferred the Nanotech Vapour pre workout drink by far. A good Testosteone booster will get you seeing some good results quite quickly.

Training your legs with squat's increases core body stregth and will help with all your weights. Just like dead lifts.

Over training and not resting properly at night (making sure you get 8 hours) are your worst enemy's. Having a good training plan is pivotal to success. That and a good diet.

The best way mate is to just get in there and give it a go. You will figure out what works for you what doesn't as it vary's for every person. Just don't think by having a couple of shakes after a workout that your going to bust out of your shirt!!

Motovertman, yep, Creatine works for some, and others don't feel it at all. What brand you use also may make a difference. Glutamine helps with recovery, and probably doesn't have effects that are quite so noticeable.

Fat mags, do you actually want to put on something like 25kg of muscle in a year, is that what we are assuming, or are your goals different?

Motovertman is spot on when you say get in there and see what works. No supplement will replace good diet, training and recovery. Protein will definately help, but it would be MUCH MORE WISE to invest time and or money in learning how to eat and train correctly first. I liken supplements to icing on the cake. Get training and eating spot on, that will make a massive difference, supplements will give you that extra advantage.

There is always going to be conflicting advice on this topic because it probably isn't a clear cut topic. The best thing to do is keep an open mind and see what works and what doesn't work, as motovertman recommends. Just because one thing didn't work for someone else and visa versa doesn't mean it will work or not work for you. We all have so many different goals, different genetics, different back rounds and most importantly DIFFERENT HEADSPACE. So the best advice I can give is to take each bit of information with a grain of salt and apply it to what your goals are. At the end of the day the success you obtain will be a direct result of the amount of passion you have.

na i dont wanna put 25kgs of muscle i wanna get more cut basically i just wanted opinions on a supplement i can take during the day that people rekon actually work...

cheers

I have worked in a gym for the past few years. Just part time. But motovert man your spot on when you say it is different for each individual. Some people will use protein shakes etc and say they have good results.
Me personally I just use a healthy diet and enough sleep along with a good work out. There are alot of farfetched ideas I have heard while working. Haha this is my favorite, one bloke stoppped having sex or marsturbating saying that it would build his testosterone levels.

i dont think anyone's said anything about roo meat. It will give you the best protein out of the red meats and its farkin cheap!

na i dont wanna put 25kgs of muscle i wanna get more cut basically i just wanted opinions on a supplement i can take during the day that people rekon actually work...

cheers

If that's your aim, make friends with the Cross Trainer!! lol. A good weight workout burns more than cardio anyway. I would be doing like an hour weight session and say 20 mins of cardio afterwards 4 days a week depending on your current fitness level. Proteing shake for breakfeast, salad for lunch, steamed vegetables and chicken for dinner and 3 litres of water a day. You will tone right up in no time. Well that's what worked for me.

Cutters, very well said.

Last edited:
Hey Fat-magz ... How's your progress with the training goin' ? ...

Latest posts

Back