Apollo-Orion AGB-31 250CC

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southendsurfer

Reaction score
Hey everybody I am new to this site and have been looking into the Orion 250cc and have a few questions. How is the quality? Are they fast? Can they handle jumps? How do they compare to a YZ 250f? Any type of help would be appreciated. I also noticed the engine looks very similar to a Honda crf 230 engine, are they basically the same? I was thinking if i bought the Orion I can just buy crf 230 aftermarket stuff and it should fit.

Thanks- Zach

Hi Zach
the Orion 250cc would be okay... Quaility not the greatest but not the worst. Don't even try to compare it to a YZ250F there two completly different bikes! it will handle little jumps 20 - 30 foot but even then it would proberly snap after 80 or so hits. & no the CRF230 parts would'nt fit, would have to do some modification to make 'em fit

Have you ridden one before, or have you just heard this? Also another question, how would it compare to a Roketa 250cc?

How much you got to spend mate? that'll narrow your choices down pretty quick :).
Orion, like hillz said dont compare to a yz/crf/kx etc unfortunatly, there good bang for buck tho. If you get one just spend a few extra bucks (20-30) on a bunch of high tensil bolts and some locktite. if your gunna jump might wanna look into the frame gettin reinforced. I know some ppl have done that here so you shouldnt have to much finding out about that.

All in all itll come down to the better you look after it the longer it'll live :)

I just purchased a Apollo-Orion AGB-31 250CC and its seems like a OK bike for the money. Better then I expected. As far as comparing it to the Hummer and Roketa all I can say is it looks cooler.

Is it fun to ride? Will it jump? Does it lack power? Any problems so far? What dont you like about it?

Again Thanks for all the help. I cant decide though and need some real opinions other than the company employees onpinions.

the orion has alot better pickup than the hummer and i don't go near roketa
but it has it problems like every other bike but is good value for money

Did you ever buy that 250cc orion? i need to see pictures, i am 6'2'' and i want to buy one, but i want an adult bike, not some bullshit kids bike, factory pics dont do any justice

The worst part about any of the Pro X based bikes is the USD forks,
as they are oil damped and not hydraulic.

rebuilding them is a biatch, they are overdamped from factory, and you'll need a shock pump to pump up the air chamber to stop them bottoming.

pretty much the rest of the bikes are reasonably decent, especially for the money you pay for them.

I can say the forks are fine for the price of the bike, sometimes you get a good one, other times they need a shitload of TLC to make them work nice.

Juls

Hello i am new ,in this forum .I am french .I don't speak English very well.
I am very interesting about dirt bike , I have to consult this site and i have to find that motorcycles was good.But I am not expert.. I would want you give me some innformation about this motor: 150cc dirt bikes , 200cc dirt bikes , 250cc dirt bikes--China Zhejiang Xmotos Co.,Ltd.
Give me your opinion please. His price is: $589. it is a good engine?? :confused:
Goes she fast ,speed? Tank you in advance!
:)

I Got One Of These Too!!!

Did you ever buy that 250cc orion? i need to see pictures, i am 6'2'' and i want to buy one, but i want an adult bike, not some bullshit kids bike, factory pics dont do any justice

Hey all...I bought this bike about a month or so ago and I can honestly say that I love it!!! I weigh 105kgs and am reasonably tall, I ride with people who own cr's and KX's etc and I can say that it keeps up quiet well...as for pics I will try to post some that may help!!!

I have found that the bike itself is easy to ride and the motor seems strong...the pipe setup robs some top end power so I have removed the big muffler box that splits into two pipes and put a single pro pipe on, sounds better too!!!

As for jumping, I have done a fair bit on mine and it seems to be holding up really well...not cracked welds or anything of the like...if you have any questions that you would like to ask about this bike please do and I will try to help as best I can!!!

Attachments

• 13-03-09_1854.jpg
    13-03-09_1854.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 13-03-09_1853.jpg
    13-03-09_1853.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 13-03-09_1852.jpg
    13-03-09_1852.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 13-03-09_1851.jpg
    13-03-09_1851.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 06-03-09_1936.jpg
    06-03-09_1936.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 41
Just Some More Pic's

Just a couple of more pics so you can see some of the smaller jumps that I am performing with this bike...still no probs...still going strong!!!

2416d1240112378-apollo-orion-agb-31-250cc-rod-bike-pics-070.jpg

2417d1240112412-apollo-orion-agb-31-250cc-rod-bike-pics-065.jpg
2415d1240112354-apollo-orion-agb-31-250cc-rod-bike-pics-044.jpg

Attachments

• Rod Bike Pics 044.jpg
    Rod Bike Pics 044.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Rod Bike Pics 070.jpg
    Rod Bike Pics 070.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Rod Bike Pics 065.jpg
    Rod Bike Pics 065.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
yeah they'll handle smaller stuff but why not buy a second jap bike for the same coin ?

say a 2000 model motocrosser more horsepower,better handling and reliability .... and ya can jump them 150ft .

Hey all...I bought this bike about a month or so ago and I can honestly say that I love it!!! I weigh 105kgs and am reasonably tall, I ride with people who own cr's and KX's etc and I can say that it keeps up quiet well...as for pics I will try to post some that may help!!!

I have found that the bike itself is easy to ride and the motor seems strong...the pipe setup robs some top end power so I have removed the big muffler box that splits into two pipes and put a single pro pipe on, sounds better too!!!

As for jumping, I have done a fair bit on mine and it seems to be holding up really well...not cracked welds or anything of the like...if you have any questions that you would like to ask about this bike please do and I will try to help as best I can!!!
i have an agb31 and i'm busy upgrading parts on it at the moment.....what pipe have you put on it?have you got any pics?......i've been considering changing mine
so far i've fitted pro taper bars,zeta brake lever,wrp clutch lever,mx tail tidy.....next job is to change the standard gearing....going to try and convert it to 520 pitch instead of 530 and fit a bigger tooth sprocket at the front.
2634_69201963573_693018573_2242254_2872087_n.jpg

it looks good abit pointe though and that swingarm looks cool but i think it will snap real easy, how are the ergo's for this bike???

Yeah i have one of the 08 or 09 ones, Its been going great since i bought it, I Can keep up with my mates on theyre jap bikes pretty easy, Was quite surprising, and it hasnt missed a beat...only one small problem.. front break pad slipped out of place and screw snapped, Was easily replaced tho..oh and i bent the handlebars when i stacked it lol, Replaced with Protapers...heres a couple pics

Yeah i have one of the 08 or 09 ones, Its been going great since i bought it, I Can keep up with my mates on theyre jap bikes pretty easy, Was quite surprising, and it hasnt missed a beat

Thing is Jap bikes have waaay better suspension,ergos,handling and produce alot more horsepower ...not having a dig mate that's just the news.So the fact you can easily keep up with your mates jap bikes is more an indication of their riding ability and not your bikes quality or speed in my opinion ...which may be just that my opinion ...but it's one that's widely accepted .:cool:

Again not having a dig just don't think jap and chinese 250's are comparable in performance or reliability :cool:

Thing is Jap bikes have waaay better suspension,ergos,handling and produce alot more horsepower ...not having a dig mate that's just the news.So the fact you can easily keep up with your mates jap bikes is more an indication of their riding ability and not your bikes quality or speed in my opinion ...which may be just that my opinion ...but it's one that's widely accepted .:cool:

Again not having a dig just don't think jap and chinese 250's are comparable in performance or reliability :cool:

Yeahhh i understand where ur comming from lol, I agree japs are much better.. id much prefer a jap bike myself too mate..which i will have soon :D...im not one of those blokes who is like yeah my china is the shit! lol Anyways.. I was just Stating that for the money, The bike i got was worth it...and it does go pretty good. And it has been reliable. Sure its not as good as a jap..i know that..but its still decent. and yeah when we go riding were not racing full out..were just out to have some fun and yer the tracks we ride on tend to be a little tight, So i dont need any more power to keep up, Just need to throw the bike around corners and just give it all i can..without hittin a tree of course lol..Anyways, Just wondering have u ever thrown a leg ova one of the new Orions??
:eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back