are 2 strokes being banned?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you ask lol? I havn't heard anything about it. I very much doubt it would happen as two smokes are rocket racers :p not to mention alot of fun lol. The only thing i could think of is emissions standards putting stress on them, but even then it just means modified mufflers etc to make them more "green"

No they are not getting banned. They have been fazed out. They might make a come back in about 20 years if they find like some type of new technology with 2 stroke motors but the present and future is 4 stroke.

2 strokes have been getting fazed out for years. Mostly to do with road registering compliance laws (and ADRs). 4 stroke technology has advanced with off-road rec bikes, so its the suppliers themselves fazing out them. Honda is apparently never making another 2 storke dirt bike (so I've heard). Even the racing arena are getting anal about the amount 2 strokes smoke on track.

The Aprilia RS250 was always a lethal weapon ... awesome bike LOL

Aprilia stuck it in a better frame, better CDI, better brakes, better everything LOL

Oh, and they improved on the head design and powervalves.

Always had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. Spine tingling stuff!

2m03s around Phillip Island for an amatuer on an RS is nothing to sneeze at.

well skootas are becoming huge and most of them are 50cc 2-strokes...

so go figure!

50cc two strokes pollute the air alot less than 250cc two strokes

Image1.jpg

NewLook003.jpg

[drool]

I think they're getting banned in some states of the USA or you can't register them there.

well skootas are becoming huge and most of them are 50cc 2-strokes...

so go figure!

Most scooters Ive seen are 100cc and above and are 4 strokes...

Scooters are stupid anyway I hate them, get a real motorcycle instead!

They were never permitted at all. Thats why they're only imported for racing in the US in the RS250 Cup series. Poor sods. LOL

UK has tonnes of RS250s all legal on the road. Lucky bastards.

Scooters are stupid anyway I hate them, get a real motorcycle instead!

Ah ha! A real man. LOL

Scooters are just meant to be mini commuters, not something to be taken seriously. LOL

They were never permitted at all. Thats why they're only imported for racing in the US in the RS250 Cup series. Poor sods. LOL

UK has tonnes of RS250s all legal on the road. Lucky bastards.

Actually theres quite a few titled 2 strokes in the USA ranging from YSR50's through to VJ21/22/23 RGV's RS250's RG500's etc...

BUT considering the population in the USA there's very few titled one's to go around and most if not all are now in the hands of those who see value in them as a dying breed.

As you said, UK and Europe & Asia are where all the smokers are living these days.

I think they're getting banned in some states of the USA or you can't register them there.

Yep in California you aren't allowed to run a 2 stroke unless its on private property. So that means you cannot drive a little boat with a 2 stroke motor in like a lake or beach river etc.

k so there not really banned but its not really worth coma[anies making em any more right?
i have to do soem dumb school argument on this

Two strokes are sick, nothing liuke a 4 though. But i was reading that the new
4stroke engines are like mini F1 engines and cost 4 times as much upkeep :s

ive heard that all the dirtbike brands that make the 125-250 2strokes will stop making the 2strokes because of emisions,epa n shit like that

ive been told this year is the last that yamaha will be making there 2stroke bikes so no 08 bikes will be 2strokes

.....but dont take my word for it beause rumors can start very easy thats why im not 100% sure

ive also heard that even though the new 4bangers are very quick they need alot of maintenence more then the 2strokes

Latest posts

Back