are petrol scooter illegal

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qazqaz

Reaction score
hey can u guys tell me if petrol scooter are illegal

not that i know of but you have to wear a proper motorbike helmet.And its motor must be under 33cc. But you dont need a motorbiuke licence to use one.

Last edited:
so i could ride it on the street if i have helmet

depends what state you are in too the law is very different, i know over here the max is 200watt & thats it

best thing is to check what YOUR local state laws are.. its no good relying on information from others if they are in a different state to you..

I wonder how i would go putting an oversized elec. motor on one of them old people 4 wheel carts... like what jono's pop has...(do youz recall the video?)

same laws apply to electrics, one of my spare time projects is electric bikes. Current project (seen as no one wanted to trade:p) is fitting a suzuki GS125 starter motor into a modifyed Speedwell Mustang dragster frame, chain drive, 12rear 20 front, flat bars, banana seat and a digital binary speed control (you use a finger to push a button)

nice one custom! when i was at the bike shop we sold alot of elec. scooters and front wheel drive MTB conversions.. the elec scooters were distributed by ecat, and were as we sold them road legal with no need for a license... basic push bike laws apply, the front wheel drive MTB conversion, while heavy was AWSOME! wheel spin off the lights, no pedeling would get you to 65kmh.. scary! but HEAVY.. i think they were sold as a 180watt system but the designer/manufacturer had a few one offs putting out 200+watts..., brushless motors, lithium batterys, yada yada yada.. wil try and dig up some pics later...

duno my output as im going more for range, 2 330cca lead acid bats. saddle pack mounted and a heat sink on the motor

:D yeah man! :D

this is the mob with the brushless front wheel system...
Electric Vehicles - EVS EVO Electric Bike Conversion Kit

the top pic is of the 'ecat' the lower of the brushless fwd...
bike-1.jpg

noted for later veiwing lol but front wheel drive bikes......scary stuff :eek:

Latest posts

Back