Are you a sitter or a stander?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil67

Reaction score
For the life of me I just can't stand before a jump, feels really awkward. I do stand under hard braking into a corner though. I used to sit on some jumps on my CR 250 too, you know, when I did crazy whips in front of the pit babes!! I'm 6''1"do ya reckon that's why I feel dumb standing? After I put pro tapers on it felt better, hmmm

What do you do?

6'8" and i stand, years of riding pushy's as a kid is where i think it came from. If you don't stand on a pushy (especially all my old skool solid frames) then
21570457.jpg

but each to thier own i spose.

It could just be your bike setup making it hard for you to stand. On my stock crf50 it was extremely awkward to stand up but once I put the big bar kit on it made it much more doable/comfortable

Yeah I'm a stander.. seat bouncing just feel weird to me.
Try a taller bar set up, big bike or small bike then you're not hunched over when you're trying to stand up

I can't grip the tank with my legs, I must be retarded. Or it could be the ergo's on a braaap. I had taller bars on it, went to normal reed bend pro tapers bike felt more controllable but standing feels weird still.

Tim years of riding/racing BMX standing, and on big bikes can stand no worries just not on a mid size!

Ok that's it, I'm going to stand alllllll weekend at the track

I do both, sometimes seat bounce on my LXR helps keep it straighter and bit more pop on some jumps
Most the time I stand up.
On my motovert (crf50 style) I always stand up on jumps

Tim years of riding/racing BMX standing, and on big bikes can stand no worries just not on a mid size!

Yep it does feel different, such as the reason i have massive bar raisers on mine. I don't stand all the time, but deffinately over rough sections and jumps.

I don't think I can buy extended bar risers for mine, might have to make some. Oh, does anyone know if i can get fat bar to fat bar extenders?

Harry what spring is on your LXR? Mine is an 850 pounder and it's not stiff enough to seat bounce well enough for me. Mate, come to Frankston one weekend will ya, i know you don't like it, but it's better now with more jumps. I'll get Styv and Greg to come as well. In fact, what about Sunday? Only 30 degrees so I will be buggered after one lap, you can roost me, haha

I got a mate to modify my original ones to fit the DMN triples, works a treat and not too hard to do. You can sort of see what i mean in my garage photos.

I got a mate to modify my original ones to fit the DMN triples, works a treat and not too hard to do. You can sort of see what i mean in my garage photos.

Nice, I'll check your pics.

We have cnc wire cutters, cnc lathes, cnc mills and a whole heap of "experts"at work, surely nthey can work something out for me.

hahahahah Tmeeh, WTF are those risers? There is about 10,000 coke cans in those at least, wow

My mate just put em on the lathe at his work (locksmiths have lots of cool toys) and cut the sides out, then i just got longer (hardend steel) bolts and jammed the whole lot together, doesn't look tidy, but neither does a giant on a mini-bike :p but it certainly worked and makes it a **** load easier on dirt, however if i decide to motard it again the risers will be coming off.

My mate just put em on the lathe at his work (locksmiths have lots of cool toys) and cut the sides out, then i just got longer (hardend steel) bolts and jammed the whole lot together, doesn't look tidy, but neither does a giant on a mini-bike :p but it certainly worked and makes it a **** load easier on dirt, however if i decide to motard it again the risers will be coming off.

Hmmm, ok I'm gonna look into making some i reckon. Thanks mate

I don't think I can buy extended bar risers for mine, might have to make some. Oh, does anyone know if i can get fat bar to fat bar extenders?

Harry what spring is on your LXR? Mine is an 850 pounder and it's not stiff enough to seat bounce well enough for me. Mate, come to Frankston one weekend will ya, i know you don't like it, but it's better now with more jumps. I'll get Styv and Greg to come as well. In fact, what about Sunday? Only 30 degrees so I will be buggered after one lap, you can roost me, haha

320lbs rear dnm shock

I might but kinda wanna go nunawading Mx

When I first started riding mini bikes I sat all the time.
Once I started racing I was way to slow sitting every where so practiced non stop to stand up.
It took a bit to get used to.

Latest posts

Back