Atomik 125 problems with carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone had this"?

• YES

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sparkii

Reaction score
Hi all just joined this site to get some help. Well i have an atomik 125cc and i got it around three months ago for the first two weeks of having it it ran fine no problems then it started to have a problem. I would go riding for about an hour and then i would go to give it some and it would jus breathe air in and then go to stop as soon as i lessened up on the accelerator it would idle fine but as soon as i accelerator it would just breathe air and have no guts. I discovered the exact same thing happens when i turn the fuel line off. SO it seems to be starving of fuel. I had cleaned the carby numerous amounts of time and it never fixed it i got a new UNIFILTER which is the best for it and it still did it so i called atomik and they sent me a new CARBI i put the new pin and carby on and the bike has been working like a gun for about 6 weeks now no problems will just today i was riding for about an hour and it started to do it all over again! I dont know why. Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?? It has a new spark plug I just dont understand it. Thanks

Check the fuel coming out of the tank... The Atomiks have been known to have problems with bad/no lining :)

check yr tank breather(blocked), replace or fit a quality fuel filter..
disassemble the carby and blow out with compressed air. reassemble and check the float height.

if it has a feul filter, i suggest romving it for the time being and run a hose straaight to the carby until you can find a decent filter like sean01 said, ive never come across a stock bike with a filter that doesnt get blocked,
Also what kind of carby are you running on the bike? knowing atomik most likely one of those real crappy china jobs, if the problem still consists you might wanna think about getting yourself a new quality carb.

I know this sounds stupid but check your not riden with the choke on and check the choke butterfly isn't jammed on

mate had the same problem but realised just after the fuel filter that the line would kink sometimes he fixed it by just putting a zip tie on it....all else fails buy a real mikuni carbi, they're not that expensive.

what fuel are you using you should NEVER EVER EVER use e10 in any bike lawn mower whipper snipper chainsaw ect ect if you are using that fuel you might get away with running some vortex or similar fuel to clean it out otherwise you will probally be up for a carby rebuild otherwise pull all fuel lines off check them for decent flow by blowing compressed air through them any sign of rubber chunks coming out replace all fuel lines and filter hope this helps you or someone else

Latest posts

Back