Atomik 70 rear shock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastus

Reaction score
Just a question on a replacement rear shock for the little groms Atomik 70.
It's only got preload damping on it and I have backed it right off and he still is getting a kick in the bum from it. When he sits on it it doesn't even move. The bush sizes on it are 20mm OD and 8mmID. Sitting length unloaded of overall shock,as per no-one on the bike, eye to eye is 270mm. The spring length is 165 mm and 65mm OD. Any idea to a reputable brand of replacement shock for these specs,cost is not an issue, or another spring being lighter of course to replace the original one?. Been net surfing but not coming up with much on the spec side. And no he still has not broken it and he has been giving it a pounding. Oh by the way. Atomik 1,Calf 0, silly bugger ran in front of him. Maybe needs a bullbar. Not long ago he was a beginner never ridden before. Not now I can't keep him off the flaming thing. Another Evel Knievel I think in the making. Or another Chad.
Rgds Rastus.

yep, fastace make a copy of the ishock for xr50, they're pretty good. I googled around and got one from some internet shop in america, about AU$160 delivered. Good value.

yep, fastace make a copy of the ishock for xr50, they're pretty good. I googled around and got one from some internet shop in america, about AU$160 delivered. Good value.

So may I assume that this shock is the same design as the XR50? And Atomik boy I was asking for advice not war wound stories. Wear protective gear ya numnut. Struth.:)
Rgds Rastus.

So may I assume that this shock is the same design as the XR50? And Atomik boy I was asking for advice not war wound stories. Wear protective gear ya numnut. Struth.:)
Rgds Rastus.

i thought there like $100 + poastage .from dhz

yeah a fastace 270mm shock for the A-style swinga would be best...350lbs is plenty...standard on the one you got is probly 800lbs+

this shock DHZ Mini Moto - Fastace Rear Shock Model BS-22AR-270L
and this spring DHZ Mini Moto - Fastace Rear Shock 250LBS Shock Spring

one slight problem tho, i think the fastace shock runs a small diameter bolt at each end.

contact dhz to see what deal he could give ya...

you could try the 550 spring in it first, it may work fine

I have emailed DHZ with the specs and am waiting for the reply. Thx Sean. I'll let u know how we go. The sprogs only a ten yr old.

Latest posts

Back