Atomik Blitz 250cc choking

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Croc

Reaction score
hi there. hopefully might get some sense out of this site as my luck has been somewhat dry eleswhere.

Riden the bike a hanful of times. Already replaced carby from supplier.

At thsi stage the only issue i have with it is when at half throttle or beyond tyhe bike seems to serg, splutter and choke. Will not hold high revs.

I have good spark, fuel mixtures seems to be fine, air is ok, fuel is high octane etc etc.

I have no answers.

Any ideas?:confused:

have you checked to make sure the jetting is correct in the carby.
have you tried a different air cleaner just in case its choking it..

also check your valve clearances, they can cause a fair bit of drama's too..

oh another thing is check the fuel hose running from the tank because if its routed poorly they cause fuel starving issues. im pretty sure the blitz doesnt have much room for a good routed fuel hose..

wow, quick reply thanks.

Ok i will check all these.

Could you explain exactly what im looking for with teh jets etc and clearances.

Thanks

i have removed the under seat boxed air filter and ran it in the garage with no filter, does the same under load.

well it may not have the correct jets installed in the carb.. specially if you have replaced the carb.

valve clearances could be to tight so they need to be set correctly.. .003tho inlet and .004tho exhaust..

you should try burning it.... that will help a heap lol jokes

Hit up THump*140 he is in Radelaide & is big on his Blitz 250's

ok. problem started happening with th eoriginal carby, i contacted the dealer who sent another carby out, bike ran smooth for three rides, then same issue came up.

First carby was KeiHin, second Mikuni

thanks hills. will do. dont worry dude, the cliff was looking good...no man it

Is uour choke on? all the way down is off and all the way up is on. i used to leave it in the middle setting coz same thing was happening to mine.

yeah choke is off.

dealer just got back to me and suggestd the cdi or stator.

mainjet. blitz's jetted waaaay too rich on the main standard.
yeah, check the fuel line routing, standard is shite.
oh, and on the vertical china engines, valve clearances are .005 and .008.

Sean01 Fail. lol

hahahahah thump, yeah have you set a vertical engine to 5 and 8. they rattle there head off... even at 5 on both..

also pushrod and over head cam engines would have different settings too... overhead cam engines can handle tighter clearances...

hmm, i've always had em pretty quiet at .005/.008 on both pushrods and OHC's...

but yeah, the Blitz runs a Gen III Loncin OHC generator.

yeah im trying to locate the manual that i read which actually said to set them at .05mm .. which converts to .002tho... pretty tight hey..
anyways thats the reason i said to set em at .003 and .004 cause i know .002 is way to tight and i found .005 and .008 to be too rattly..

anyways im still trying to find where i seen this info..

my bike used to do the same check the fuel line but also check the breather tube, mine wasnt breathing correctly, make sure the fuel is open to the atmosphere to allow flow.

Latest posts

Back