Atomik carb idle adjustment - where?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enrico21

Reaction score
Howdy, I just got an Atomik Kuda Pro with the stock 30mm carb and it's idling too low. I'm trying to identify the idle adjustment screw on the carb and there are 2 screws. One behind the throttle cable mechanism that is exposed when the throttle cable isn't pulled and has a spring behind it. I thought first that this would be the idle speed but after adjusting it I suspect it is the air fuel mixture because it just runs rougher adjusting it either way from it's centre position. I've noticed another screw that sits vertically under the carb, closest to the head directly above the starter motor. I can't get a small screwdriver into it but can reach it with needle nose pliers. The screw doesn't have a head but has a slot, has a blue mark down the screw extending onto the carby body showing where it was adjusted to out of the factory. My question is, is this the idle speed adjustement. Thanks in advance for your replies for what I thought I should have been able to work out from just looking at the puppy.

Hey Enrico, the first screw you mentioned is the idle screw. The one UNDER the carby closest to the head is the air/fuel adjustment screw. It's a bit odd that when you played with the idle screw, it made it run a bit funny...
The stock carby on the Atomik Kuda Pro and Blitz are terrible... i'm pretty sure the Kuda pro also runs the fake Mikuni 30mm pumper carb? (identified by two throttle cables coming off the carby, and the pumper set up on the kickstart side of the carby body)
Have a look through my thread on modding the Blitzes, all the mods will work just as well for the Kuda Pro... :)
http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-reviews/20708-2008-atomik-blitz-250-review-7.html#post247108

Same question, different bike with pictures...

Hi newly purchased a pitbike and just joined this forum. I'm having the same issues but different bike. I just bought this yesterday for $500 and to be honest it looks and feels brand new.

2007 Atomik prox 250cc

Just doesn't seem to idle when completely off throttle and I didn't get a manual.

Which one is idle screw - is it any of these two?
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

Any help appreciated. Cheers

pic 1 and pic 2 show the idle screw, pic 3 and 4 is the mixture screw..

welcome to miniriders mate

Cheers Sean. That's what I thought.

The bike hasn't been ridden properly for a while. Possibly needs a good tank of fuel to go through the carby and might come good. The small adjustments I made didn't seem to make too much difference so I will get out this next week and give it a blat. Maybe an additive to the fuel might help but I'm always a bit suss to put that stuff through these Chinese engines.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back