Atomik, Damaged in transit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastus

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Well the little blokes MX70SA bike was damaged when it arrived. The airfilter was torn off the housing and was in the bottom of the box and the LHR side panel behind the seat was cracked and broken. Looked like something has pierced the crate. Also on starting it up after I put it together it had no idle screw fitted. However the airbleed screw had a blue texta check mark on it noting it was ok. How come Mr China did not see there was no idle screw fitted next to it? % emails to Atomik and all you get is an automated response to go to warranty page. I am not claiming warranty I am claming on my damage insurance in transit. copy of email below:

G'day,
I received this item on Monday the 1st of Novermber.
Assembled it out of crate on Saturday 6th November.

Item title: NEW ATOMIK MOTOX 70CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR
Web Address: NEW ATOMIK MOTOX 70CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Oct-09 20:00:53 AEDST)
Item number: 170392010049
Buyer User ID: gt401964
Seller User ID: pockrock88

Two things on it were noted damged when I unpacked it today and put it together.

1/ The airfilter foam has been ripped away from the plastic housing that mounts it on the carburettor.
It was sitting in the bottom of the box.

2/ The left hand rear sidecover has a big gouge and split in it looking like something has pushed into the box at one stage.
The box had a hole in it adjacent to the damage.

Other than that very happy with the bike. The only thing I found was that the battery was very hard to fit into the cradle.
It seems just a bit too small unless you undo the holding bolts and loosen it right off then shove the battery in.

Could you please deliver the items to me via Startrack express at my delivery address I nominated.

Rgds Glenn Taylor.

POST NOTE: AFTER STARTING THE BIKE TODAY I NOTICED THERE IS NO IDLE SCREW IN THE CARBY FOR THE SLIDE. JUST A BLANK HOLE SUCKING AIR.THIS HAS BEEN LEFT OUT DURING MANUFACTURE.

COPY OF MY MAIL ABOVE TO YOU......ARE YOU IGNORING ME AS I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ANSWERS AS YET?

I received an email back that I go to the warranty page on your site and file a claim. This I did not do. it says that I have to pay for transit of parts. I emailed you back saying not to worry as I would buy the bits myself due to the hassle and cost.
After speaking to consumer affairs here in QLD today I was informed that under VIC rules since I had insurance and the carby idle screw was not fitted during manufacture the insurance onus is on you to supply these items to me at no cost. I understand as working in caryards that the onus under warranty repairs is the cost of the owner to get the vehicle back to the dealer for repair. However in this case the items above were apparent under unpacking and covered by transit insurance. I await your reply.
Rgds Glenn Taylor

I am getting pissed off, as all you get as I said is an automated response. A phone call will be given on Monday to them and I will let you know the reply they give me.

if u brought it on ebay why don't you open an item dispute? atomik are normally pretty fast to reply when you do that. Also if you paid via payal open one of there disputes too for "item not as described" or "item damaged"

DAMAGED IN TRANSIT OR MISSING COMPONENTS

Items damaged in transit will not be covered, unless you have chosen to pay the extra $25 Transit Insurance option at the time of purchase. The Atomik Transit Insurance covers any damage during postage to you.
If you have paid for Atomik Transit Insurance, and you have received any item damaged in transit or missing components, please advise us via the Atomik Service Center within 3 days of receiving your item. All claims after 3 days will not be accepted.

This was on the listing for your item, did you pay the postage insurance? if not you have no chances. Only thing you'd get is the screw!

Only thing you'd get is the screw!

only thing he'll get from atomik is screwed! :p

this is atomiks world class customer service at it's best.
I know ken from DHZ woulda had those parts shipped the same day if you called him.

Atomik = The worst customer services I've heard of.. Thats why I refer people to DHZ because everybody nows he'll look after you..

Did you take photos of the demaged box? Item (plastics)? And of the idle screw?

If not then I'ld advise you to do so as visual evidence that the iteam was arived as such. You'll have to talk to them in person as they'll most likly just keep on being scabbie and ignor you and your problems.. Thats Atomik for you.

I have dealt with atomik before for a mate and if you have paid the $25 insurance there fine. it's in the listing and if people fail to read the hole listing for an item there bidding on its there own fault. Atomik don't run the company that delivered the bike therefore they can't guarantee the quality of the delivery thats why they offer insurance! ...The screw yeah thats a real pain in the the arse and poor quality from atomik. but I reckon if you call them monday they will send it out!

Atomic = shit bike shit service

i wouldnt buy a packet of chewing gum from them

yer i wouldn't bother ringing them either unless you speek fluent ingrish

the only person you will be able to understand is chris and i'd doubt he would talk to ya

good luck

p.s the filter they supply is a pos buy a new one anyway
idle screw is a bitch though

Yes guys I paid the transit insurance. Not very happy with them though I must say. I'll see if they respond to me during the week.

Well went to start the bike and now it is dead. Won't kick at all. I sent Atomik another email probably be ignored as usual. It is below and I told Atomik I posted on here and to read my mail and replies.......I realise it is the weekend I posted this now but no email replies during the week and when I ring I am put on hold for ages. Being on my mobile I cut it off as I am not running up my bill being ignored. I got a dud and I am asking everyone to think twice before they by an Atomik. If they do not answer me now.. as they have not before I am taking it to consumer affairs. All I want is my money back totally in full and I will buy something else.

I have sent this email 4 times now below. Now the bike will not start at all. I want my money back and you can take the bike back. I am getting pretty pissed off with no replies and being told to fill out warranty forms. Do you have any type of customer support or do you ignore customers when they have paid for goods and received them? I have already been on Miniriders forums and noted how I am being treated by Atomik and a lot of the guys on there have apparently received the same from service from you. Go to Miniriders forum and look and read the posts.NOT F.....G HAPPY.I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND YOU ARRANGE TO GET THIS PIECE OF S..T BACK TO YOU. I PAID $620:00 ALL UP FOR THE BIKE,FREIGHT AND INSURANCE. I will also be bringing this to the attention on e-bay and consumer affairs as you have not answered me at all.
Rgds Glenn Taylor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'day,
I received this item on Monday the 1st of Novermber.
Assembled it out of crate on Saturday 6th November.

Item title: NEW ATOMIK MOTOX 70CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR
Web Address: NEW ATOMIK MOTOX 70CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Oct-09 20:00:53 AEDST)
Item number: 170392010049
Buyer User ID: gt401964
Seller User ID: pockrock88

Two things on it were noted damged when I unpacked it today and put it together.

1/ The airfilter foam has been ripped away from the plastic housing that mounts it on the carburettor.
It was sitting in the bottom of the box.

2/ The left hand rear sidecover has a big gouge and split in it looking like something has pushed into the box at one stage.
The box had a hole in it adjacent to the damage.

Other than that very happy with the bike. The only thing I found was that the battery was very hard to fit into the cradle.
It seems just a bit too small unless you undo the holding bolts and loosen it right off then shove the battery in.

Could you please deliver the items to me via Startrack express at my delivery address I nominated.

Rgds Glenn Taylor.

POST NOTE: AFTER STARTING THE BIKE TODAY I NOTICED THERE IS NO IDLE SCREW IN THE CARBY FOR THE SLIDE. JUST A BLANK HOLE SUCKING AIR.THIS HAS BEEN LEFT OUT DURING MANUFACTURE.

COPY OF MY MAIL ABOVE TO YOU......ARE YOU IGNORING ME AS I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ANSWERS AS YET?

I received an email back that I go to the warranty page on your site and file a claim. This I did not do. it says that I have to pay for transit of parts. I emailed you back saying not to worry as I would buy the bits myself due to the hassle and cost.
After speaking to consumer affairs here in QLD today I was informed that under VIC rules since I had insurance and the carby idle screw was not fitted during manufacture the insurance onus is on you to supply these items to me at no cost. I understand as working in caryards that the onus under warranty repairs is the cost of the owner to get the vehicle back to the dealer for repair. However in this case the items above were apparent under unpacking and covered by transit insurance. I await your reply.
Rgds Glenn Taylor

Last edited:
well we did warn you (not trying to be a d!ck) and this should be a good heads up to people who are considering buying an atomik. THEY DO NOT CARE, once you buy the bike they won't help you with any problems the bike may have. Customer service is not in their dictionary.
If you're going to buy an atomik you better hope you don't get a dud and you better be good with spanners coz you're gonna need to fix allot of things.

when you say the bike won't kick over at all do you mean it won't start or is the motor actually seized?

"Fury"arnt very good either, My month old quad snapped an axle and I have been watiing 2 months for a new one with no sign of one coming soon!:mad:

It turns over constantly on the battery with the electric start with full choke from cold and trying to kick start it I just about stuffed my right foot. I am a mechanic mate and I tried different settings on the airbleed and choke settings to get it going.It is getting fuel but no spark. The battery is flat now until I recharge it tonight it is on the charger now. The CDI seems to have gone south.

did it run ok before? I imagine it would be rich as hell with no mixture screw in there.
If you're going to keep the electric start you should invest in a decent battery for it,
otherwise remove the whole electric start system, all they do is cause trouble

wasnt it the idle screw missing?
even with that missing your going to have a big vacuum leak and it will probly idle its tits off when it does start...

but you say it has no spark and i guess you have no extra parts to test with...if you were to bike the bullet and buy some parts you could go to your local pit bike store and buy a cdi and maybe a coil..

all these drama's your having is very sad to hear... hopefully you have a win soon before you do your do your head in..

oh yea it was the idle screw.
I'd plug the screw hole to stop the vacuum and when you try to start it hold the throttle open about a 1/4 or a bit less, this will make it idle high enough to start

It is the idle screw missing guys not the mixture screw.It runs a 22mm Mikuni. Now may I ask what is the base mixture screw setting eg: how many turns out to set it. This one is level with the carby edge which is near 8 turns out. And Surprise,surprise,surprise (now no Gymer Pile jokes here hahahahaha) no email reply from Atomik AGAIN. I started a buyer dispute on e-bay so I'll see what happens now. And guess what???????? Rang them again today and got put on long hold....I hung up again. So my advice to anyone is do not buy Atomik. I did the right thing to get my little bloke a bike and he had rode it just around the yard probably did no more than 500 metres on it. (And yes, when it started he just kept cracking the throttle a bit when he stopped.) They get your hard earned dollars then when you have a problem they don't want to know you.Funny how they answered my emails with deposit and payment details every day when I was buying it though isn't it?I have a great mate who is a bike mechanic and I am going to let him sort it out and bill me. I will then be posting the bill and a letter of demand to Atomik via registered mail and also lodging my complaint with consumer affairs. They have no choice then to answer me and reply. Hopefully they will be made to pay for my inconvenience. DO NOT BUY ATOMIK. YOU OTHERS HAVE BEEN DONE TO. SPREAD THE WORD.Ok, now where the hell is the beer fridge???????????????
My mate sent me this site for tuning. He is a great bike mechanic.

Mikuni carburetor operation and tuning

Last edited:
really hope you have some luck with it Rastus. And yeah, Atomik are great at replying until the payment is actually made, then nothing...
Hopefully an ebay dispute may be of some use, and you finally see some action and your boy gets the bike you paid for...

Looks like yet another nail in the Atomik coffin... It's an insult to blokes like Ken from DHZ, that mobs like Atomik get so many sales... with no service whatsoever...
A true injustice..

my friend took his motovert 2 atomik (yer a motovert to atomik):rolleyes:
and he droped it off there one week last year and still hasen't got it back sicne i last saw him and his atomik broke on the 2nd ride (not going fast still running it in)

mate the fuel mix screw should be between 1 & 2 turns out, the reason you have you're 8 turns out is probably because of the hole where the idel screw goes is letting way too much air into the carby.
Try plugging the hole with bluetac, then crack the throttle a bit when you start it so it will idle

Latest posts

Back