Atomik hummers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

force

Reaction score
Just wondering if we could take our chinese bikes up to the mx park near our place. Is that something that is frowned upon because they aren't brand name like ktm or yamaha. Are there any unwritten laws about it or anything I should know?

i don't see why you couldn't take them ?
they are built to Australian Standards just the same as all the other big brand bikes
and a lot of the Honda, Yamaha etc parts are made in China too

Depends where you want to go.
Open style MX parks, where no MA Licence is required should be fine. Ive never had an issue in parks like these.

Anywhere that is under MA control wont let you ride them, as they generally wont pass scrutineering. Thats what Ive found anyway.

I can totally see why though.. Ive had some issues on my stock (atomik) pitty trying to ride it at a MX track in stock form, and it lasted half a day before causing this... I guess this is the sort of thing the people running those type of tracks are trying to avoid..
If you had upgraded suspension etc, I think it would be fine, but in general, the more professional style tracks just dont trust the chinese bikes. And they dont know the difference between a LXR and an LEI.. so they dont care...

Yeah dude.. was pretty bad! Learnt my lesson though, and never looked back! Havent had any issues since.. And that was 3 years ago...
Lesson was... Get some decent gear, get your bike up to spec with decent parts, and take it easy!
I ride at about 80% of my limit these days, so im never pushing too hard.. Seems to be working out for me so far.. having fun, and going home in one piece at the end of the day!

Last edited:
Wow. I thought that might be the case. My67xr, its just something that I feel should be stated now that there are all of these chinese bikes on the Market now. Thanx for the advice. Good to hear your back on the bike though dynamicgs.
I might give them a call and see what they say. Brand name bikes are expensive and really I think it's a little unfair if you cant take a dirtbike to a dirtbike park no matter what make it is.

Latest posts

Back