ATOMIK KUDA PRO 250 Warranty

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillybob53

Reaction score
Hi All :)
I,m a newbie to the forum so please be gentle with me.
I just bought an Atomic Kuda Pro for my son and the thing is a real piece of carp.(sorry for the spelling)
When we removed it from the crate the first thing we noticed was the plastics to one side were damaged, then when we finaly got the thing assembled and fueld up ready to go the carby leaked like a sieve. This was not a Mikuni as stated by a chinese Jing-ke.So we sent of an email to there warranty Dep, areply was recieved next day saying that they would be intouch within 24 hrs. 10 days later still waiting??
Any body had dealings with these people?? are they just another bunch of rip off merchands??
PS as of yesterday the rear brake line has been worn through due to the way it is secured to the swing arm and the front suspention has collapsed.
Help:confused:

id be heading back to the factory(in dandy now i believe?) and not leaving there untill all questions I had were answered and i was totally satisfied with what they were going to do.. it shouldnt matter if it costs 10,000 bucks or 100 bucks. you purchase something new and expect it to be just that. obviously there may be some little things to be done, like adjustments of sorts, and possibly replacing those items that are known to fail(chain, bars, fuel lines etc.

take it back to atomik mate, explain the situation, demand(as its your right as a paying customer) for it to be rectified.then keep us informed as to the outcome.. also throw up some pics of the bike, dont think there are to many on here...

Thanks mate I will take your advice and take it back.
My son is gutted as he has saved up for the last 12 months to buy the thing as a replacement for his old DT175 which finaly died and was going to cost about $100 less than the Atomik was to buy to fix.

oh that does bite the big one. i feel for you both, but like i said, take it back and DEMAND it be fixed. be it a china, or a jap, a euro or a british bike, new is new, and for things to go wrong they have a responsibility as the distributor and seller to keep their customers happy!

Hi Phillybob,

The bike you've bought is in fact pretty much exactly the same as the G4 Hummer from Tomahawk - and there is a thread on here which provides a lot of history and running advice for this design of bike (Going to try the G4 Hummer).

There actually isn't too much wrong with the concept and manufacture of the bike - and a lot of us own and enjoy them - but there are a number of things you need to realise as follows:

1. They turn these things out in China by the thousand - and are not that thorough in checking the final assembly
2. Thus you have to be a bit of a mechanic to own one - since most every nut and bolt on the bike needs to be checked and tightened before you ride it. The engine though is usually o.k. and should start first time however.
3. Some of the provided components like oil, chains and other fluids should be replaced as soon as the bike is purchased - because the Chinese supplied gear is crap (again - read the support thread).
4.We have generally found that the guys who sell these bikes in Australia just want to turn over product - and don'y really give a crap about supporting either their products or customers.
5. These bikes are built from parts rather than being a total design piece of machinery. On the up side I actually got the Mikuni carb with mine - On the down side, mine had a pushrod engine instead of the OHC type advertised. By the way - you'll find your Jing carb is an exact rip-off of the Mikuni - so all the parts are interchangable.
6. Most sellers don't even bother to check the contents of the carboard boxes when they arrive from China - so all transit damage generally goes unoticed until the bike reaches the customer.
7. If you complain loud and hard you will get replacement parts from the supplier - and you always have the option to complain to e-bay. Also write a bad feedback report - that will really get their attention in a hurry - they hate them.

If you decide to keep the bike - read the support thread on miniriders and get some upgrade and maintenance tips. If you're not that hot mechanically - I'd have to say that you've really bought the wrong bike. If you can do a little work yourself however - you can get some good performance from the machine for a very small outlay.

Best of luck with you're efforts mate and keep the faith.

Hi Phillybob, yep if I were you I,d head straight over to the thread that rodbox5 is talking about.I,ve been keeping a keen eye on it as my next bike will be 1 of those.Its full of information and basically any problem you are likely to encounter has already been solved for you.
I,m just glad I found this site before I bought a china so when it arrived I knew what to expect. Otherwise I would have done the basic assembly, started it up and it would have fallen apart. Hang in there, get on Atomiks case to fix the broken parts and spend some major time on here and I,m sure you,ll have a bike thats a lot of fun.

yeah thats the atomik way
i'm mates with there mechanic/dodgy fixit guy
he's good he is motor guru swarmy but atomik are dodgy as
all you have to do is grab the bike chuck her on the trailor with the box and everything and take it back to them shove it in there face and say i want it fixed or replaced NOW!
works great
specially when there's lots of customers in the store

na you should be right if not let us know

there on the corner of southlink drive and ordish rd in dandenong

Some Good News

When I got home from work tonight there was a box with new plastics for the bike waiting on the door step. I also got a reply to my last email saying they will contact me shortly re all the other problems.
Bob

Even more good news.
Dropped the bike of on Monday and told the guys at Atomik that i was not happy that they had broken my sons heartby supplying a dud unit and I would like it fixed before Easter so he could show of his new bike when we went riding.
After several phone calls to the guys they told me it was ready to pick up this afternoon.
Not only did they replace the forks but the new ones look like more professional units than the originals. They did forget to change the brake line which had been worn through but when I mentioned this they imediatly supplied a complete brake system from caliper to master cylinder.
Needles to say I am impressed by the service.
Bob

Yeh, good to hear that Atomik is treating you right. I've heard alot of dodgy things about all chinese 250's but it shouldn't collapse on the first ride.
Good luck with the bike.
Cheers.

Thanks Guys

:) Just got back from 3 days of riding around a friends farm in NSW,(35000 acres) with only 2 problems. 1) rear sprocket bolt came loose inspite of the locking tab and chewed out a piece of the swing arm (Found old bolt in the farm shed and bottle of locktite, all fixed.
2) Plastic piece holding front brake hose broke.
All in all only minor probs.The boy is over the moon as his mates WR got all gummed up with mud but the Kuda kept going!!
Bob

Glad this story had a happy ending. Now go change the oil and check it right out for loose or missing stuff. Just did my sons bikes and amazing what works loose in 2 days of riding.

Hey all,

This post gives me more confidence.
I'll be heading to Atomik this friday arvo to have a look at their new Atomik Fury 250cc.

Myself and 3 other mates are all looking at buying a bike at around the 1k mark.

Hopefully none of us have the initial problems you had, although their service sounds pretty good. Always a bonus.

Cheers
Matt

Hello all,

Just read the discussion and I have just been through the same thing with my Kuda Pro, that I bought in January.

The forks collapsed after a couple of hours of riding.

Atomik did, in the end, replace the forks with new ones, Unfortuantly most of this happen over Chinese new year and the parts did take forever to come.

While I was waiting Atomik did source a couple of forks that were a little shorter, but fit the tripple brace. This at least ride with my kids over the long weekend

The Atomik service department is slow, but patiants and calling back, & pinning a time did pay off. I do believe they all mean well there, and do have the product at heart, but they do need to work on keeping the customer informed on what is happening.

I also believe that the quality of these bikes is remarkable for $1,000. You do need to check every thing before you start ridding. This is realy no different to any bike.

Other than the forks collapsing, which now sounds like a problem with some shipments, The bike just goes and goes and goes real well.....and I have dropped it a couple of times.

Ps for those who are intersted. the original faulty forks had a plastic black cliker on the top for rebound adjustment. The replacement and nicer looking forks have an alloy anodised red adjusters on the top.

Rob

Latest posts

Back