atomik link 250 cc wiring question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky1961

Reaction score
hi guys ive got a atomik link 250,blender kindly id'd the pics of the bike for me, its an elec start n my son wants it hooked up as he carnt kick start it lol, i have a couple spare wires i carnt find where they go hopefully you can shed some light on it, first is a set of wires that come from a round black thing below the front sprocket its got 6 wires and a green male plug the wire colours r yellow,,, yellow-red stripe,,,green-black stripe on the other side of the plug is blue-red stripe,,,pinky red coloured wire,,,,green-red stripe i carnt find a green f/m plug any where to plug it in IMG_1023.JPG IMG_1030.JPG the next one has 2 wires with f/m bayonett conections they are black wire n green yellow wire n again carnt find any spot for these to wires IMG_1024.JPG
i allso found shoved up under the fel tank is the remains of the ignition swich n was wrapped up in sticky tape n when i started to look at it the tape disintergrated n the swich fell apart it has a red wire-id say power-,,,green wire,,, black wire,,,black-white stripe wire,which of these wires do i join to geather to by pass the swich till i can locate a new one,IMG_1027.JPG
finly there is a f/m t shaped plug with a thick red wire that runs to the solinoid,, thick black wire go's int the harness n a thin green wire comes out of the plug with the black oviously this would be hooked to the battery and near the plug on the l/h side of the rear of the frame has a bracket with 2 holes that looks like where the battery might mount IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1026.JPG IMG_1032.JPG how many amp 12v battery should it have n is there any way i can test the starter as well n last but not least it looks like its got a bobgy coil on it as itshad its connector plug cut onn n just the wires twisted to geather n taped up not soldered n roughly mounted up under the tank where the orig prob went n only has 1 hole to mount the coil n the coil has 2 mounting holes n the spark plug lead runs through where the ignition swich mounts n the lead only just reaches any idea what the correct coil i should use IMG_1031.JPG i sent all this info to atomik in victoria n spoke to them but they were of no help wat so ever hope you can shed some light on it for me n here is a pic of the bike as well IMG_0932.JPG IMG_1006.JPG cheers tricky

first plug sounds like it goes to the CDI

to bypass the ignition switch, unplug it, usually works ?

red and black thicker wires are for the battery,
i think the green might be the trigger wire to switch the starter solenoid on ?

that coil should work if it is getting a good earth.

to test the starter, grab a car battery.
connect the red and the black wires to the battery, and try touching the smaller green one onto the positive battery terminal.
if it starts to turn over then i'd guess the starter is okay.
if it sparks when you touch the green to the positive on the battery, then try touching the smaller green on the negative terminal on the battery.

i will see if i can find some parts links for you now

there is a white plug that comes from the stator n has 5 wires n a couple of them go to the cdi n rectifyer from what i can see the green plug in question comes from a small round black thing held into the crank case just below the front sprocket u can see it sa soon as you take the sprocket cover off IMG_1022.JPG and it runs fine without this plugged in so not sure where it supposed to go its weird the thin green wire is connected to the thick black wire in the plastic plug so im thinkin it must be an earth some where

Last edited:
ok, the green plug might be for a neutral light indicator.
it will be fine if you leave it unplugged then, tape it back to the loom.

is there 2 small thin wires coming off the starter motor solenoid ?
one might be a green ?

no only the power wire but i got it to crank over only by bridgeing the 2 termanals on the solinoid i thought the starter button was crook s i unpluged it n tested it n its ok so i pluged it back in n folloewd the green with yellow stripe wire back into the harness n it turns out its the same green with yellow stripe wire with the bayonett fitting and runs no where or any where for it to plug into,the 2 wires that run from the solinoid for the start button are yellow with red stripe this one go's to the plug where the start button cable plugs in,,1 side of the circiut,, the other wire from the soloniod yellow with green wire it runs back into the harness n back into a heap of other green wires look like earth wires, so that leaves the other wire from the start switch
its a green yellow stripe i followed it back from where the swich plugs into the harness n turns out its one of the 2 other wires i carnt find where they plug into i mentioned this when i first posted it,they are the green yellow stripe wire n a black wire both have insulated f/m bayonett-bullet- conectors on them and the black wire runs back into the harness IMG_1024.JPG
so i have a broken circiut could these 2 wires green yellow stripe n black wires could have been to some sort of safty swich n where would i run these 2 wires to-- or green at least--- to get the starter working
allso which wires do i hook my multi meter up to to test the voltage out put of the bike when its running n how many volts shoud be comming out yea from where the wireing with the green plug is comming from in the crank case below the front sprocket n near the gear shift shaft prob dose go to a gear select indicator so ive taped it up securly

wow, that last post has just given me a headache.
mate, you really need to start spacing the sentences, paragraphs, using punctuation etc.

i will have another look later this morning and try to decipher it all....

Latest posts

Back