Atomik Link, Any good?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks pretty good and 750 bucks for a brand new 2fitty you can't go wrong, alothough it has a loncin engine in it.My quad has a loncin and I have had nothing but perfection out of the motor and I haven't touched the carby since pruchase

yes, the major difference is that the 250cc motor in the link is Vertical...
Horizontal motors are not.... :p

Depending on the model, the vertical motors can either be overhead cam, or overhead VALVE... both are reliable motors, that offer reasonable performance, and are torquey as.. Decent pipe and carby, they can be made to pull pretty hard, and both the Gen I and Gen II (OHC and OHV - air cooled) rev pretty well for antiquated designs..

I cant imagine the suspension, frame geometry or ergos would be overly conducive to a supercross weapon, but i'd say a 250cc engine in a frame not much bigger than your average DHZ140, would be quite a rocket... and probably flip easy.. :D
basically imagine throwing a 250cc upright engine into an Atomik AGB-27...

Hi ----M@TT----,

I've purchased an Atomik Link 250. Overall the bike has been reliable. The motor is very torquey and power is very good. The bike weighs roughly 80kg. It has no trouble lifting the front in the first 3 gears. The only downsides I've had is the rear spring is way too hard. It measures at 1000lbs/in. I've changed the spring to a 550lbs/in and now the rear actually squats when I sit on it (I weigh 75kg). I've also upgraded the chain due to it constantly stretching. The carb was tuned a little rich from factory, so after running the motor in I raised the clip on the needle 2 notches (original setting was on the bottom notch). I've bought a OKO 26mm carb and 13 tooth front sprocket as well to try. I didn't have any issues with the original carb but I can't help myself sometimes and need to tinker with the bike some more just to unleash more performance from it. Overall its a good bike!

LOL i thought it was a rim rotating by your name then i finally look really close and its a 3d yammy symbol LOL

It makes me wish the kid didnt grab that red spray can too cause i had my bike all black with yamaha stickers on it just to piss off the jap riders !!! LOL

Latest posts

Back