Atomik moto x 125- chinese mini

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHIPPET

Reaction score
Well, ive had my Atomik for a while and its getting a bit boring. I was wondering what are thebest ways to get the very best out of your bike ex; Upgrades, mods etc.

any help would be GREAT.

Hey i have a few ideas for you if your getting a bit bored with the power i think you should try some of these :

You could try taking the baffle out of the exhaust and giving that a go but it if that does not work i think it would be good to buy a better exhaust.

A few links for exhaust systems:

PRO Circuit Copy Exhaust System

PRO Circuit Copy Exhaust System

If you got a bit more money this would be awesome!

Pro Circuit T-4 Exhaust XR50 00-03, CRF50 04-09 :mod: :cool:

Pro Circuit T-4 Exhaust XR50 00-03, CRF50 04-09

Plan B:

If that aint working for you i would sell your bike and buy a 160 or 140 here is a few bikes that would suit you powerwise :

DHZ DPRO 160,4 Speed Manual, Updated Model

DHZ DPRO 160

Assassin A-6R 140cc YX Big Bore BLACK (Free Sticker Kit)
[A6R] :

http://www.assassindirtbikes.com.au...in-140cc-big-bore-black-free-sticker-kit-p-66

I hope that helps :)

How long is piece of string? (How big is your budget)

There is a million things you can do but getting the best value to power for your money is the trick

Probably not a great deal you can do with a 125 without wasting too much money, You can just bolt in a 160cc & you will notice a fair bit of a horsepower gain then upgrade that as you go

in all honesty i would say sell it and upgrade your bike.... the moto x is the base model.. no USD forks, no cradle frame, shiat box steel swing arm etc.... if he upgrades the horse power more chance of stuff breaking... thats just how im lookin at it...

in all honesty i would say sell it and upgrade your bike.... the moto x is the base model.. no USD forks, no cradle frame, shiat box steel swing arm etc.... if he upgrades the horse power more chance of stuff breaking... thats just how im lookin at it...

Could not of put it better myself +1

Yeah with a price tag like that on the engine it proves the upgrades are endless

I agree may as well just upgrade to a better bike, You can easily spend $1000 just on engine mods around the motor & it is still a 125 with poor suspension etc

Swapper, Its only logic, Why stuff around with 138cc? Save thousands of dollars & go to 1300cc>
MOTORS/ ENGINES - SUZUKI - HAYABUSA MOTOR KIT - WE MET BY ACCIDENT - (Powered by CubeCart)

This will give you an idea of a cheap upgrade option>
atomik nitrous | eBay

yeah nitrous are a decent mid lever bike nowadays..... it also comes down to what he wants out of the bike and where he rides

For around $600 (ebay link I posted) he would get a bigger/better (160cc maybe) motor, Better suspension & it would be worth upgrading bits here & there later on

This might be the bike for you but i guess it all comes down to the budget

Assassin A-6R 140cc YX Big Bore BLACK (Free Sticker Kit), Assassin Dirt Bikes

The Assassin yx140 would be powerful enough but it depends what you want to do with it. The bikes at assassins are really good quality and are at good price right now. I think you should look for a maybe a 2nd hand 160 you can usually get them quite cheap on gumtree or something like that. Make sure your not buying someone elses problems stick to the better known brands.

Cheers

I am saving for a 250 of the sort. Preferably kawisaki. any ideas on a good road reg trail bike?

Really depends on your budget???? The XR250 would be a good choice for the lower end of the budget scale, A CRF250X for the higher end, The only Kawasaki option for a rego'd 250 is the KLX & they are a nice bike but they are getting fairly dated now with no major advances in the design of the suspension & frame etc like the CRF250's

Buying an old second hand KLX250 is not a good choice but they are still a reasonable bike but but not a race bike & just not as popular

The CRF's are more like a race bike & the XR is not a race bike but can be turned into a pretty fast machine in the right hands but still does not compare to the suspension & power hit of the CRF's

The KLX is still unfortunately very much a trail bike, I dont know why Kawasaki has not stepped up with a little brother to the KLX450R? Which is pretty much a KX450f, Kawasaki would have to basically use the KX250F race bike & build a road going version that is far from the trailbike KLX250 available now

I understand that you would be buying secondhand but these links will give you an idea>

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/motorcycles/offroad

http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Off_Road_Enduro

Last edited:
how much of a step up is a 160 (nitrous) from my 125

I reckon a klx 450r kawasaki have some pretty good deals going around on them but a second hand one or even a wr250f they are pretty good and if your lucky you can find them with registration. Just have a look around on the market and you will get a pretty good idea of the price range.

You would notice a reasonable power gain & would probably be quite happy with that for quite a while

There is 2 versions, A midsize/CRF70 style & the normal size nitrous/CRF50 style>

Nitrous Mid Size 160cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes

Nitrous 160cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes

The larger midsize would probably be a better option as it has taller suspension/longer forks & would be better to upgrade the suspension etc if need ed later on

What about the Atomik reign 160????
Its just a bit bigger

Latest posts

Back