atomik nirtous knock in front brake

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alronjr

Reaction score
some 1 please help, i have an atomik nitrous, when i brake i get a knock in front end, when i brack and pull back it knowclks again. i have gone over almost every thing in the frount, i cant find it, is it something to worry about??

fork bang

atomik nitrous, frount brake clicks, when pull back and fround, bike only 2 months old.. steerin a little stiff, any one please help... is it urgent or not

mate you need to fix that up. No one is going to help you with it like that, cant understand a word

What??? Maybe if you use a proper thread title and a better description then people can help.

Sounds like your steering bearings are loose, adjust the head tube nut or maybe you have to completely replace the bearings if it is stiff.

What??? Maybe if you use a proper thread title and a better description then people can help.

Sounds like your steering bearings are loose, adjust the head tube nut or maybe you have to completely replace the bearings if it is stiff.

they have been like that since new.. i wil losen them off, and tighten up top.. see if that works.. could it just be the brake pads? like moving just a bit

try something like:

"G'day im after a bit of help with my atomik nitrous, i have only had it for 2 months.
My front brake clicks, when i pull the bike backwards and forwards.
Also my other problem is that my steering is a little bit stiff.

Any help would be great,
Thanks alronjr (or put your first name"

try that out, people will be able to understand it and will be able to help because they can understand it

ok, a few things with this site for future reference etc, just to help you out a little bit, seems how your new:
*there is a search button at the top of the page, always use it (try different word searches etc) before you start a thread
*always use correct spelling and grammar. you will find that alot more people will be glad to help you. This is because they will know what your on about, with out having to read it 600 times to understand it.
*always be respectful, thanking people if they help you out or if they give you good advice etc... or give them +reps
*Always think about your thread title, make it suitable

thats just a few things i can think of at the moment to help you out,

Cheers Darren

Your point?

I'm more concerned about his complete inability to form a sentence...

:LolLolLolLol:

Sometimes with the front brakes as well... If you brake really hard and dont have a good braking system it could loosen the bolts to the fork... ( Use Loctite here )

or could be that the pads have the tabs a little out of whack and they are slipping around a little bit....

New pads and a bleed job isnt hard to do... takes about 20-30 minutes if you have done them before and have all the tools and parts infront of you...

Also there is some mechanism that holds the caliper to the plate that connects to the fork... and these "pins" can be damaged and the shafts worn a bit to where the brake seems to be somewhat free....

if damaged... may need to seek a new front brake caliper... ( In most cases this does not happen ) but it did to me... lol... I cant find replacement parts for just the caliper so i too may be in search of a new front brake system along with my frame and other goods =)

If you do go to bleed the brakes..... Get a huge saringe.... that can hold a decent amount of fluid and some clear tube with a big enough "ID" to fit over the bleed valve snug.... bleed the system dry from fluid..... and then fill your saringe with dot3/dot4 and attach the tube.... loosen up the bleed valve and slowly... SLOWLY..... AND I MEAN SLOWLY.... push the fluid through the system in reverse... this takes time and patience but you will see it begin to fill the resevior and once its full... tighten the bleed valve THEN remove the saringe and tubing.....

you have now reverse bled your brakes and kept the air out at the same time... PROPS!!

=)

hope this helps !!!

and if my spelling sucks... THANK YOU !!!! haha

- Addict

Latest posts

Back