atomik nitrous 160 wheelieing problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what does everyone think just go for a new carb ? I'm not fussed in getting a new one as i read around and a lot of people say the stock one is crappy.. what carb should i look at?

Been there, done that. The OKO26 is a massive improvment over the MOLKT P.O.S. I also installed an adjustable ORK just before i got mine installed (same engine and bike) both together made the bike boogey quite nicely as seen here :)
[video=youtube;QdRU-TJDJOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdRU-TJDJOM[/video]

ok i got my new carb kit and it is sweet .. i have installed it and set the idle but it seems very spluttery and backfires a lot ...

a vacuum leak ? how do i check that ? ***8230; i tried to tune it today but its just running ruff as

a vacuum leak ? how do i check that ? ***8230; i tried to tune it today but its just running ruff as
While its idling spray around the inlet mainifold and see if the revs change. U can spray wd40 or anything really that might stop a small air leak for a second, even a spray bottle with water.

check spark, earth the plug on the head, and kick it over. the spark should be a bright blue-ish colour. check your lead, for burns/kinks, the stock chinese ones arnt good, especially the ones with a metal cap.

you've checked the valve right ?

Mixture sounds like the problem. Those carbies don't come pre tuned.
Did it run better at all with the screw all the way in?
Might need a new jet. Does it splatter upon powering on? Or when wot?

ok so heres where I'm at .. it starts . the idle is really choppy it will idle really high or really low and then die it will not idle consistently at all at the range of about idle to quarter throttle it backfires a lot . so far the carbie change has just given me headaches

so where is the mixture screw set at ? how many turns out
are you running a new foam air filter, is it oiled ?

ok mixture screw is 1 and a half turns out running a new filter just been oiled

some of the guys here are running the OKO 26mm on their YX160's.
they are using a #38 Pilot jet, this helps the revs from idle to 1/4 throttle and make it blip rev very crisp
and with the Main jet, eaither a #100 or a #102 seems to be the norm
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/oko-carburetor-slow-main-jets/CARB-012-OKO

when you tuned it to suit your engine/combo,
did you raise the idle speed up to about 1800 - 2000rpm
then adjust the mixture screw in or out till you had the highest/smoothest idle
then drop the idle speed back down to where it is nice, about 1200-1500rpm

then take it out for a ride
you might want to do a SparkPlug chop then too, to check the colour of you spark plug.

if there was an air leak, the mixture screw would need to be screwed right in.

also i was just thinking,
do you have a rubber boot on the end of your throttle cable sealing it off to the top of the carby ?

Latest posts

Back