Atomik Pro X 250 Performance Comparison To Jap 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you look at a KTM next to a suzuki or yamaha the difference in build quality is pretty obvious. chalk and cheese.

the extra bucks get you a lot too, i could of got a WR slightly cheaper but the ktm has renthal bars, brembo brakes, hydraulic clutch, braided lines, whitepower forks and shock, excel rims... all stock. weighs less too. power is probably about the same, tho KTM have been known for having the strongest 250 2 stroke for a while.

some parts can be a bit more expencive, but not always.

im calling BS on the maintenance thing too, the katoom's are built very well... the motors make great power across the range and last ages and ages.

i know of a 2003 ktm200 2 stroke that did 6000km (almost 200hrs) of pure bush bashing (every weekend for 3 years) on one set of piston rings. aint nothing wrong with that. know a 2002 ktm520 4 stroke that did over 20,000km before getting a rebuild (it was still strong tho) with lots of hard bush bashing every weekend for 4 years. nothing wrong with that either, considering how strong the motors are.

lately out in the bush im seeing more orange bikes than any other colour too... i guess they just have the best enduro bikes on the market :p

have a look at a TM for build quality next to a KTM.
as far as best on the market it depends on your riding ability and what you like in a bike.
all bikes have weak points somewhere that end up costing you a fortune, i found it in mine and from what i hear ktm's have them too.
i've bought a china fiddy for my son and about to buy a china for myself it's going to cost me about the same for the 2 bikes as a rebuild on my good bike(good bike can sit in the shed a bit longer)

to be honest ive hardly been riding the KTM since getting the pitty, but lately its been way too hot for it...

I can say without a doubt the pitty is the most fun bike ive ever ridden... but thats mainly cause im pretty new to dirt riding and dont have the balls to throw the KTM around yet... learning heaps on the pitty tho

those TM's do look pretty nice, they would have to cost a pretty penny with all those nice bits on them too hey?

TM = BEST BIKE, but the parts are just Expensive & sometimes hard to get if at all.

TM is by far the best bike i have ever own(dirt bike) and i've been riding dirt bikes for near 30 years.
the parts aren't that badly priced, it's just expensive when you get bad advice that you'll get aroud 50hours out of set of rings and find out after you drop a ring you should be changing them every 10 to 15 hours.

fark is that a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke?

SX or enduro??? and are you racing it or just putting around/having fun in the bush?

china bikes are just the new jap bikes as i see it, in the late 60's early 70's every one was saying jap crap cheap arse bikes now they are pretty much the standard. one day every one might be saying china bikes are the standard and it'll be another country everyone is bagging.

it's a 2 stroke enduro 02 model their hand built in italy and pretty much race ready straight out of the box, billet and after market stuff every where, has the most hard hitting aggressive power in it's class.
i'd say i putt around the bush having fun, so when i get it going again we'll have to organize a ride.

hmmmm they could be the nicest/strongest bike around, but i would prefer to get about 150-200 hours of bush bashing to a set of rings ;) my 04 250EXC with a procircuit full system makes way more power than i can use any way... and its got 60 hours on it

yeah bush mostly, occasional MX track (tho the bike isnt setup for it) or friends propertys... spending the long weekend at a mates property up at mt beauty.. he drives a bob cat for a living so you can immagine he has a pretty sweet setup

Latest posts

Back