Atomik ProX bigfoot 125 upgrades

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stotty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an atomik 125 ProX bigfoot and am looking to do some mods to it that arent going to cost me the world. I was thinking maybe some new bars, but really Im not too sure, I have 2 left hands when it comes to this stuff. Any ideas would be great

Cheers
Stotty

about a year, i havent really used it much as yet, but reading all the forums are getting me amped to do something about it

get the smart mods done first,
Strip it and rebuild the chasis using waterproof grease on all bearings and linkages
-Replace all bolts with stainless steel units availible from a fastner whole saler
-Loctite them in
-Replace all wheel bearings with decent one's from bearing suppliers
-get the jetting sorted out , I'd reccomend leaning off the clip as these bikes tend to be rich out of the factory and also try a few main jets
-Replace the filter with a decent uni filter
- polish the intake manifold up to increase throttle response
-Replace those crappy full waffle grips with decent quality dual compound grips (locwire them to the bar ), alloy bar ends to protect the grips and put some protaper xr50 high rise bars on it
-Get some decent tyres on the thing and at the very least a high quality 428 chain such as an RK mxz chain or DID ,Regina , EK equivilent
-Repack your exhaust like the thread indicates on here

Also consider
-Get your valves adjusted
-A proper CR style kill switch button
-Decent wiring harness
-New fork oil

hope that helps

hey unit_mx how do u lean it off a bit??

I got a 125cc MotoX and its runnin way too rich???

Thanks

mini moto

Cheers guys, is that all possible for the non mechanically minded such as myself or should i try source some help.

Thanks again

hey how does the bigfoot run, does it cut through the sand well? has it got a little poke in her too? im interested in gettin this bike, i need something that can cut through sand better that the 12 inch rears.

Yeah thats the primary reason I bought it, so it could handle sand. Yeah it goes pretty well, pretty good get up and go. I cant really complain for the price, nothing too much has gone awry with it as yet, just looking to get the most out of it with the some help from people in the know.

Whats involved in repacking the exhaust? If there is already a thread about this could someone give me a link to it.

Cheers

Thanks mate thats great, does it make much of a difference do you know? performance wise and sound?

i haven't done it before, but as far as i can tell it would make a sound difference, and depending on what materials u use, can boost low end power.

Ahh ok no worries, so whats the deal with performance CDIs, what do they do different to increase performance, sorry for the stupid questions, but i really have no idea about this stuff, haha.

Cheers

Does anyone know what style plastics are on the atomix prox 125s so i can get a decent sticker set for the bike. cheers

Latest posts

Back