Atomik USD fork seals - where to buy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud_2901

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Atomik 140 Bigfoot, left fork has lost almost all its oil to a leaky fork seal, can anyone help me find where to get fork seals to fit? All atomik say about them is "740mm USD forks", no mention whatsoever of brand.

Going to get some DNM hornets later on anyway, so please don't just suggest that (seen it said a lot on here when people ask about chinese forks, for good reason), I just need to temporarily fix these until I can afford said DNMs.

Any help would be great, the local chinga bike shops just go "No idea. . . But I CAN sell you a brand new pair of exact same forks so they can break again for you!"

have you tried cleaning the dirt etc out the seal yet?
an old camera film is perfect for pulling dirt out from the seal.
just slip the slide in with the cutouts for the winder and move it up and down as you pull it around the fork leg.
then bounce the forks and wipe them, and wipe the dirt out of the film too.
may take a couple of goes but it does work.

then just top up the oil, easy

cheers,
craig

OK, so I just broke a camera and did what you said.

I had tried cleaning them with a $20 note before, just wasn't told to jump up and down on the forks, hope that worked with the camera film, but regardless, if anyone knows which brand fork seals and what size they are I'd still really like to know, in case the fork seal is actually shot.

I used this product... fixed a badly leaking seal... I think the hook shape helps pull the dirt down ant out from under the seal....

Bought it at my local bike shop for around $10...

[youtube]8wlzfoVroSY[/youtube]

Where can u buy dnm hornets?

Hey mate, best place would probably be from china, using the AliBaba site, this is what i used also Dynamigs and Carlts. Link is below;
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/30...cle_front.html
only catch is you must pay via Western Union money order (so no chance of a refund if things stuff up) and being that their coming from china if something goes wrong, it's bloody expensive to send em back, but i havn't heard anything bad, so far :)

Pop the seal out, measure the inside diameter, outside diameter, and thickness. Grab a Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky or other big parts catalog and hit the seals section. Match up your dimensions with the seals in the list, note what bike they're for, then order the OEM seals for that bike (OEMs are generally better than the generics) and call it good.

It seems to be OK now after a clean with camera film. . . So is 150ml about the right amount of oil to chuck back in? It lost a LOT of oil before I fixed it, so a complete refill is on the cards for sure.

Latest posts

Back