Back Firing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a little problem with my bike backfiring. How could I fix this?

check my profile for the valve guides

do the clearances then make sure the intake manifold and header pipe gasket is sealed properly.

If the problem is still there you're probably running lean, which could mean dirty carby or time for a tune up.

is it backfiring all the time or just on deceleration, you need to explain the problem more

Also for bikes running mikuni carbys, it is quite normal for a "popping sound"
when the throttle is closed at high rpm
Mine was backfiring badly because of wrong air-fuel ratio so check that aswell
good luck mate

Well I have lost my idel screw that came off my OKO 26mm carb (thats the 2nd screw I've lost!) so maybe that could be the problem?

that shouldnt make it back fire because the idle screw hole is behind the slide.. if it were in front then it would create a vacuum leak..
but to rule it out block it with something and test it

It comes loose and falls off. It has a spring to put pressure on the screw. The idel screw is right in the middel of the slide.

is this an oko 26 d slide carb we are talking about?

if its the round slide version then it may give a vacuum leak...

and yeah i have no idea how your losing them either....might have to use a stronger spring..

It a round slide.

The spring on the screw doesn't put enough pressure on the screw and so from the vibrations it comes loos and falls off. I'm thinking of puttuing string on my new one so i don't loose it!

Latest posts

Back