Bad engine problem =(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakn 50

Reaction score
hey guys,
On Friday night my mate and i replaced my piston rings and put all new gaskets on my Atomik 140cc nitrous and was hanging out to go for a ride and start to wear them in....
So then today i went for a little burn with some mates and i was in 2nd gear and was going around a corner and slid it out a little then kept riding then all sudden it started to lock up, like it would lock up and go again lock up and then go again.. when it locks up, its locking up from the fly wheel, i thought it was the chain like it was bent and it was trying to come off the sprocket but it wasnt that, so then i turned my bike off and started to roll it and then it started to lock up again while the bike was turned off so then i put the clutch in and then it was still doing it.. it doesnt always do it tho... it will do it then stop do it then stop. and also i take off it 1st and it skips/locks up and goes again skips/locks up again.. but then when i got home i pushed it backwards and it did it once again..it sounds like that its trying to go into gear but just locks up .. it sounds like its coming from inside the gear box. so then i got home and dropped the oil and there were no metal shards or anything in the oil.. i think it could be the gear selector but i don't know, it has really got me..

i think my gear box is gone and i might be up for a new engine..

help would be apporiated

thanks guys

Last edited:
Remove the clutch cover and check to see if the bolt holding the shift star on has come loose .... If all looks OK then it sounds like you have a few gear teeth missing .... in which case you won't know for sure unless you do a full tear down and case split ....

Last edited:
yeah thanks alot mate
i haved checked that yet but will do man..
i was talking to mate before when we did the piston rings
we put everything back to together and i was starting my bike and a bolt came loose (out), (crank case sprocket) so we tightened that and yeah
but my mate said something might have fallen into the gear box (crank case sprocket) and that could be the problem

my mates has got a problems also..
his bike wont select gears....compression locks

bump
help would be appropriated
sorry to be a pain guys. im just anoyed becuase i have just spent money on my bike and now it wont go anymore and bad engine problems =[

bit of an update guys
i was walking my bike around the house and selecting gears to see if it is
and when i put it into 2nd gear it keeps rolling meaning its not selecting 2nd gear
big problem there... is any of this fixable? or to much cash ?? or just better of gettting new engine??

themountain - we are pulling my bike apart this weekend
we will keep u informed of what is happening..
im just crossing my fingers that it is fixble and that i dont need a new engine..

hey guys found out that its the gear selector
not bothering to fix

engines forsale $100

Latest posts

Back