Bad Plugs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys, at work yesterday i thought id get a few plugs that come std in chinese pittys and can cause your ride to run like junk.
20121015_155841.jpg
[/IMG]
20121015_155911.jpg
[/IMG]
The first plug is a non genuine A7RTC NGK, 2.then a TORCH A7RTC 3. NHSP A7RTC and last a DENSO U22 dont know if this is a genuine denso but from our experience they get changed straight away or the bike is near guaranteed to come back not running good then a plug change usually 99% of the time its fixed.
20121015_160423.jpg
[/IMG]
20121015_160438.jpg
[/IMG]
Then this LG A7TC these are all(DENSO U22???)china plugs and will ruin a good day, we always use C7HSA NGK plugs with our bikes and i use personally a CR7HIX iridium NGK
plug. If anyone has any thoughts or corrections about these plugs then please feel free to comment, when i find other junk plugs ill post, cheers Guys

Last edited by a moderator:
nice work,

maybe you could get a comparison pic of the 2x NGKs side by side, genuine/non genuine copy
so it may help people spot a non genuine plug?

the sideways pic/s look fixed to me.

Will do Craig, on the lappy the pic was sideways but must of corrected, cheers mate

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

I now in only the last couple of months started using the iridium plugs too, they are defiantly worth the extra coin at the end of the day. Nice work mate.

I now in only the last couple of months started using the iridium plugs too, they are defiantly worth the extra coin at the end of the day. Nice work mate.
Yeah brendo the iridiums just dont seem to fowl and i get a lot more usage out of them, actually i plug am in and ride and can nearly forget about them.

Okay so i found a fake NGK and a genuine NGK for all to compare, they look similiar in one way but different in others,
20121016_122702.jpg
[/IMG]
So as you can see the NGK logo is all good

20121016_122725.jpg
[/IMG]
but the typical A7RTC code is on the back of the fake like the other dodgy plugs, the genuine will also have on the bottom of the hex section for tightening the C7HSA and JAPAN signatures on them where as the fakes have nothing at all.

20121016_131833.jpg
[/IMG]
20121016_131853.jpg
[/IMG]

the CR7HSA resistor type NGK is the same although they have a blue R NGK and CR7HSA insignia on them as opposed to the black on the C7HSA plugs.

Last edited:
Nice one mate, yeah haven't had one foul yet, best $15 I've spent I reckon.

Nice one mate, yeah haven't had one foul yet, best $15 I've spent I reckon.

No dude not yet, even running one in my 110cc mini willy which seemed to foul plugs a bit as she runs a bit richer. But i put them in and forget them, actually i have one that has been going good for about 2yrs and thats no crap, when i did replace it with a freshy there was no difference and it is the one mentioned in the jeep.

If someone has a pic of any different plugs especially no name plugs please post a pic, see em all the time but can't find one.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

Found another junk plug today, this is a NANDA A7c.
20121019_144316.jpg

20121019_144331.jpg

If you find this junk in your bike or quad, get it out.

Last edited:
bahahahahahaa, def leave that type of NANDA on your bike, nothing like pit bike bling to get the boys standing around admiring, now thats a plug guys.

Found another junk plug to steer well clear of, this is JHKJ A7tc plug and has been looked after.
20121108_155757.jpg

20121108_155806.jpg

My bath tub kept losing it's water, another bad china plug, grrrr

My bath tub kept losing it's water, another bad china plug, grrrr

I have found a great aussie remedy for this, it is butt cheek left or right, either one works a treat.lol

So what plug do we run? Mines and NGK R. Do they still make split fires?

I run a NGK cr7hix iridium, no fouling and you plug and forget it, I got one been going for years, we honestly have found at sometimes the NGK-R type can give ya probs, might just be a bad batch but we stick with the C7hsa NGK.

*rushes down to repco for iridium plug*

Finally found a good example of the no name junk china plug which is to be thrown in the bin if you find one attached to your engine. The no name A7TC
20121121_162911.jpg

20121121_162922.jpg

Latest posts

Back