barkbusters?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your track alowes you to use knobbies then keep using them for time being and get the bark busters and all the little things and then when you get enough coin get the tyres mate...

If your track alowes you to use knobbies then keep using them for time being and get the bark busters and all the little things and then when you get enough coin get the tyres mate...

wrong...

So you would buy motorbike gear before you buy a bike? boots, helmet, goggles, jersey, pants all before you get your bike? you would buy a sticker kit and new plastics before you buy your bike?

You need to buy the main bits first, then go and buy other little personal things after that.

Well its different to everyone personally if i had to wait ages for tyres but was already on the track i would buy bark busters first and then the tyres but thats just me. and i think he is as well considering he made this thread....

Well its different to everyone personally if i had to wait ages for tyres but was already on the track i would buy bark busters first and then the tyres but thats just me. and i think he is as well considering he made this thread....

So you need to wait ages for tyres because you need save, so while you are waiting you spend money on things you don't need? It defeats the purpose of saving in the first place..

Barkies do serve a purpose, they save expensive handle bar equipment when you have a sudden urge to horizontally park. I have used mine a few times lol

do they do the job saber? i just invested in some as Ive got expensive levers.

now i figure that ive got front and rear axle sliders, peg sliders and now barkys, when i stack i should wreck anything on the bike.

do they do the job saber? i just invested in some as Ive got expensive levers.

now i figure that ive got front and rear axle sliders, peg sliders and now barkys, when i stack i should wreck anything on the bike.

Where did you get your peg sliders? I made my own with a dremel and chopping board..

No because barkbusters actually do something, will save him hurting his hands, wrecking his grips, snapping leavers etc...

mine have saved damage each time the bike has been horizontal, once it got the urge to be horizontal for 50m, with minimal damage. so after that we have them on both bikes now.
I do prefer the all plastic ones rather than the ones with alloy bars in them after a witnesed someone break both wrists in the bush after going over the bars, plastic ones have a little more flex in them.
Our peg sliders are just bits of nylon kitchen cutting board cut up to suit and then held on with zip ties.

I've got some next to new china motard tyres for cheap if u want. PM me

cool thanks for the feed back. saber. well sounds like i ahave done the right thing by my levers buying them

Saber is the plastic ones strong enough though? cause i was thinking they probably wernt so thats why i was going to get the metal reinforced ones....

yea grnman i'd say so, I run knockoff asv levers, hydro clutch, billit throttle, poo taper grips and reasonable bars none of which have been damaged. This means after a horizontal excursion I can fire her up and keep going no dramas.

we havt broken plastic ones yet, but thats not to say that you wouldnt/couldnt. It's just a personal thing most of the time it's the very end of them that hits the track anyway, not like in the bush where they smash in to trees, rocks, trees, bushwalkers, trees, hillbillys, and trees

yeah after my agricultural expeditions and a little bit of gardening i should be able to jump back on and do it all over again. that the plan anyway

Yea not that hard just remember at the end of straight bits TURN lol
but having said that every track day at lakeside I always seem to run of track coming onto the straight and end up mowing a bit a lawn at least once for the day, last time I did it I was told everyone in the pits panicked thinking I was gona come through the pits flat out, I was just up dating my motox skillz lol

wrong...

So you would buy motorbike gear before you buy a bike? boots, helmet, goggles, jersey, pants all before you get your bike? you would buy a sticker kit and new plastics before you buy your bike?

You need to buy the main bits first, then go and buy other little personal things after that.

Personally I owned all the gear before a road bike and seeing as Motard is on asphalt I'd be investing in some bloody good gear before I hit the track... I like my arms/legs/skin on! :D

Latest posts

Back