Barnzeys Lxr build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He can do anything you want up, mention the bike brand and model, if worse comes to worse you can drop of your seat or just the cover or post it to them, they'll sort you out. Best covers around.

I'm in NSW and so are a few other guys on here that would be keen.

yeah sweet, well ill try build the track up a bit more over the next couple of weeks and fix up the bigger mx track and set a date for a day. I've been to pacific park and kurri but they aren't as fun as the tracks i have at home. got some rhythm sections a couple of big doubles, an endure track, whoops berms etc. ill try upload some photos tomorrow of the track.

Awesome mate yeah keen to see some pics for sure, sounds good. If I can help ya with your build in anyway just ask.

cheers brendo, desperate for an exhaust and tips on what i should get?

Lxr's are hard mate, they make a pro circuit pipe especially for them. From memory and by the looks of it your after a crf bend for you exhaust port on your head but it's the frame which makes things hard when getting a new pipe as nothing really bolts straight up. Nick who you bought the plastics off from memory made something work but can't for the life of me remember lol. You could have a look on the dhz website and fab up something if you have the right tools and skills. My pipe is a klx yoshi rs2 which needed a cut and twist for the header to meet up and a slight lengthen to bolt to the frame.
Or you could get the lxr 160ho pipe and gpx muffler from dhz and sticker it up like a pro circuit, I think I remember someone doing it awhile ago.

Last edited:
yeah sounds like a bit of work. does it make any difference performance wise or is it looks cause if its just looks i might get a yoshi slip on yours looks sweet!

i spoke to the owner whilst i was at Dhz today and he said that he can't get the Pc pipes anymore.

No real advantage to speak of mate, more looks and tone. You can't get a yoshi rs2 slip on but if you managed to get your hands on a pipe or second hand muffler you would still need to make up a sleeve which would need to be expanded to fit in the yoshi and reduced to fit over the stock pipe as the diameter is heaps different.

I noticed a slight improvement in power when I put the yoshi on my v2 head on my z/ho motor and the keihin pe28 carb gave a lil bit more power to over the oko26 I was useing
8r3ndo lives close by me we could maybe come up together to help u work on ya track and get a race day sorted

Last edited:
Sory man I aint got facebook
it would be cool to get a few races goin in nsw

yeah mate i added you, well as i said ill do some work in the next couple of weeks and then we can organise something

juvuhuba.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Playing around with a bit of heat proof powdercoat.
Have some parts on the way that will replace them but look pretty cool for the next couple of weeks.:)

qavupy6e.jpg

Also did the oil cooler fan things they look pretty sweet i think.

+ Reps for you man.

Nice clean look repping the 22. yyeeewww.

Great idea on the radiator fins. What did you use to paint them?

Given me some idea's for my build. :)

u8yvajyj.jpg
9a8udyhu.jpg

Thanks motorman, its only the begining. Ive followed chad since i could walk man. I was going to get a custom set but then found these on ebay with the plastics for 80 and couldnt resist.
I put some photos up of the fins and the paint i used for the fins then got my old mans mate to match the paint for covers.

Here is a list of the mods i intend to do in ghe next month or two providing i have the coin

-front tyre
- handlebars
- clutch perch pro taper or asv
- pro circuit ignition cover
- oil cooler lines
- fuel hose lines and fuel filter
- fork decals
-seat cover
- yoshi or fmf powerbomb exhaust

That's so sweet. Sorry man going to steal that idea for mine as well. haha

To get that good of a look from a $10 can of spray paint = WIN.

Will grab some of that stuff from bunnings.

Hey is that a cover for your Air Filter? Seen a lot of guys running them and need some bad!! The cut in half 2 litre bottle of coke still let's water in when washing it. haha

Look forward to seeing how it all turns out man over the coming months. Keep us updated. :)

Go for it man, yeah i think it was 17 a can from masters but the finish is real good, no primer needed just two coats and it was sweet.
Takes 6 hours to dry but i got.impatient haha
Yeah its just off a ****ty old bike only problem is it resricts the air a bit so its jusg on yhere for show. K&n getting a cover for that hopefully soon.

Latest posts

Back