Bash plates

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash.onmtb

Reaction score
So I seem to be using my bike in all sort of places lately, out in the back of beyond, and I'm killing the bash plate something fierce... The bikes just a Pitpro140 with the usual mods to make it reliable, but the bash plate is getting all sorts of bent/torn/cracked and I need something better...

I was going to fab something but I can only work with steel so thats not a great option.

What places can I look for a nice tough bashplate thats going to for my yx 140 motor??

Something like this looks a little tougher, but obviously won't fit...
PitsterPRO HD Alloy Bash Plateto

Thanks -

Steel would be strong thou, I reckon unless the bracket parts that bolt onto the engine are bent & I suppose even if they are you should bash it out straight and get some 1.8 sheeting, trace it, cut it and pop rivet it to the existing. Would be strong as hell if done right just paint it up black. I don't think I've ever seen a strong after market bash plate in that style.

Even those ones you put the link to crack if given a hard time.
Maybe you could buy a new 1 like you have now and take it to a engineering/fab shop and get them to beef it up for you in the places your finding its failing.

I guess its alittle bit like the old HQ verses the new commodore, Ones hard as nails very hard to bend the other crumples like a tin can! On one hand steel is very rigid and strong but if it gets a solid hit it will transfer all the stress to the engine, the alloy take the hit as you've found out. If you could weld one to the frame that would be ideal!

But for $25 bucks mate, you cant go wrong? :p

50 to 160cc Pit bike,trail,pro.Black Alloy Bash Plate | eBay

Last edited:
If you go on EBay they occasionally sell Two Brothers aluminium bash plates, they expensive but the look trick and are very solid. They made for crf50 style engines so should fit ya yx but I'm not exactly sure.. Good luck

Maybe they could fabricate a solid alloy (like 8 to 10mm) plate with replacable 3 to 4 mm arms, that bolt on?

Ms paint god.png

Check my paint skills

Last edited:
in this ghetto land I live in, I got the sads with finding another one, so I bent it all back together, put some spit and sticky tape over the crack, but most importantly sorted out why it would rattle loose even with locktite. Turns out the bolts that were supplied were too short, but the casting was fouling the bolts going any further. So running a tap though it has now meant I can have almost 10mm more bolt holding it into the side of the head, which will surely solve the issue of it coming loose. Now I just need to stop dropping the bike on the plate when getting over logs etc... So if you're on a china, and the bashplate is giving you the ****s, check out the bolt length into the head.

Thanks for the tips anyway.

Latest posts

Back