BBR Super Pro 88 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adams

Reaction score
Built this:
11705283_433711383468073_992980892777648094_n.jpg

Did this:
11707575_438461982993013_8584943518270129587_n.jpg

Bought this:
11694090_442162399289638_3797588662116076810_n.jpg

And a **** tonne of other parts, kept my sprocket, footpegs, footpeg bar, tank cap, chain guide and grips off the old bike.

Been building this:
11202113_448467028659175_4789099720385498739_n.jpg

11900044_448466911992520_7129859711311691050_n.jpg

Just waiting on my boy to hook up my custom UK Minibikes graphics and my other mate to turn up a brake pedal pivot for the frame as the guy never had one.

Sorry for the **** pictures, just bought myself a DSLR camera and tripod so will hook up some decent ones when the graphics and rear brake are sorted.

Spec list:
  • BBR Super Pro Frame
  • BBR Super Pro Swingarm
  • All-Balls Headstock Bearings
  • S&M Slam BMX Bars w/ Renthal Bar Pad
  • ProTaper MX Grips
  • Red Baron Billet Throttle & Cable
  • Marzocchi 35mm Shiver Forks(New Style) w/ HD Springs
  • Elka/BBR Super Shock
  • Faba 12" Rim x Marzocchhi Hub w/ HD Spokes
  • Faba 10" Rim x Fast50's Rear Billet Hub w/ HD Spokes & Blue Nipples
  • Michelin Starcross Front Tyre & Maxxis Rear Tyre
  • Hope Mono6-Ti Front Brake System w/ Goodridge Brake Line & 200mm Formula Disk
  • Red Baron +1 Billet Brake Pedal w/ Genuine Honda CRF70 Rear Brake Rod
  • Red Baron Chain Guide
  • Red Baron Tank Cap
  • Genuine Honda Fuel Tank
  • Genuine Honda 2015 Front Numberboard
  • Black Chinese CRF50 Fairing
  • Custom UK Minibikes Graphics
  • Fast50's SupraGrip Tall Seat
  • Billetware HD Peg Bar
  • Fastway F3 Footpegs
  • KTM Style Kickstart
  • Two Brothers +1 Gear Shifter
  • Fast50's SupraGlide Bash Plate
  • 33T Hardstyle "Spade" Rear Sprocket
  • Afam 14t Front Sprocket
  • D.I.D 420 Gold Chain
  • 2004 Honda CRF50 Bottom End
  • Takegawa S-Stage 52mm Bore & Piston
  • Takegawa S-Stage Cam
  • Takegawa Inlet Manifold
  • Stock CRF50 Head
  • Kitaco Inner Rotor Kit & CDI
  • Kitaco Head Breather Kit
  • Keihin PWK20 Carb
  • UNI Air Filter
  • Pro-Circuit T4 Exhaust
  • Black Socket Cap Crankcase Bolts
  • ProCarbon Racing Carbon Exhaust Guard

Nothing special but it's mine, so I love it.

It is special, mm yes it's delightful [emoji97][emoji97][emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice little list there Adams...... except for one thing, Stock CRF50 head !?!

I think you need to get onto Ranuka at Akunar and let him know what else your running, then get him to build you up a killer ported head with some bigger (stainless) valve's, better spring's, titanium retainer's etc to make it all come together and rev to the moon.

sgrhead3.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the stock head is a real killer haha, someone I know has got a Taky R-stage head sitting around so I think I'm going to grab that for the time being, need to stop spending for a little while as I've been flat out the past 8 months or so haha.

Cheers fellas! Graphics are on hold as I've decided to go down a different route. Bought myself a stocker just waiting to pick it up then I'll post a build thread for that...

May also have a 2nd stocker to build up next month, so I'll try my best to contribute ;)

Elka Shock??

Cheers fellas! Graphics are on hold as I've decided to go down a different route. Bought myself a stocker just waiting to pick it up then I'll post a build thread for that...

May also have a 2nd stocker to build up next month, so I'll try my best to contribute ;)

Hi. I'm doing a similar build for my son who's racing hare scrambles. He rode the stock CRF50 last year. I wanted to build him a serious mini 4 stroke racer with real suspension. I bought a used BBR Super Pro frame and swing arm, but there was no rear shock. I quickly found out that there are hardly any shocks to fit that frame and swing arm. In fact, I haven't been able to find any. Can anyone tell me where to find the Elka shock that goes with this set-up, or guide me in the right direction to find something else that will work. I've already wasted $400 on shocks that don't fit. Any help would be awesome. My email is [email protected]. TXT @ three15 Six51 nine331. Thank you guys.

Hi. I'm doing a similar build for my son who's racing hare scrambles. He rode the stock CRF50 last year. I wanted to build him a serious mini 4 stroke racer with real suspension. I bought a used BBR Super Pro frame and swing arm, but there was no rear shock. I quickly found out that there are hardly any shocks to fit that frame and swing arm. In fact, I haven't been able to find any. Can anyone tell me where to find the Elka shock that goes with this set-up, or guide me in the right direction to find something else that will work. I've already wasted $400 on shocks that don't fit. Any help would be awesome. My email is [email protected]. TXT @ three15 Six51 nine331. Thank you guys.
What length shock do you need? I have a 330mm 15mm id bolt holes elka for sale..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

The guy's at BBR use an ELKA that's 275mm long eye to eye, BBR may be able to help you with a new shock?

Otherwise contact ELKA and see if they can make you one up to suit your sons' weight and the Bike etc.
I'd say they have the still have the detail's in their book's and can customise it to suit if needed.

Here is the owner's manual PDF for the Elka- http://www.elkasuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ELKA-OWNERSMANUAL-MOTO.pdf

This seller on ebay had one for sale a week ago but the listing has ended, not sure if it sold?
Might be worth contacting him and check out if it'll work for you, eg specification's, valving, shim's and spring weight ect
NEW Elka BBR PIT Bike Super Shock 275mm 1 9" EYE TO EYE 11 Spring | eBay

Reeg Racing also sold their version of the BBR frame which used the same shock, Reeg have sold all their stock to Pax Racing, so if you have problem's finding one they might have something or know of one?

What shock's have you tried ?
I have seen that there is an I Shock that fit's too.

Elka-Pit-Bike-Rear-Shocks-iShock

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back