beaten, bruised an peed off

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
well, ive badmouthed the yamoto explorer already, but here i go again:rolleyes:

its clutch is crap.

first off...from the word go, the lever action was hard as... like snap a cable hard. and almost impossible to disengage, find neutral with it running, etc. AND when riding, it would slip. so the plates are definitely not stuck together.

so i tried adjusting it...no good. it would be fine(but still slipping)one minute, then oops! cant find neutral again, the next.

so i pulled it apart, washed it out, no burrs or anything stopping it from engaging/disengaging. nothing at all...

fine for about ten minutes, then WEEEE!!!!! still slipping. and was still hard to disengage.

so i scavenged the springs from my ct90 clutch, bit stiffer, and swapped just two of them over.

guess what? it STILL SLIPS:mad:

and today i noticed all my stiffer springs have done is caused my right hand cover to BREAK:(

so somethings definitely wrong.
what can i do but try a new clutch and source a new casing? lifan, ip52.
gimme gimme gimme!!!!!!

only difference with this housing and others ive seen is that it has a small cover...about 2 1/2 inches across compared to most covers having a 4 inch plate. the cover over the mechanism, that is... and the whole housing has a really cool checker-pattern paint on it....

ah well...maybe i just got a bad one...another reason to avoid yamoto:p

true, true... but it was the novelty factor that got me...

fine...ill just go hide now...

actually its shineray...that could be even worse:eek:

but damit, its a lifan engine...grr. even sachs use em, and as i recall, sachs many a year ago made their own damn engines... like my fichtel and sachs 160cc rotary....profit profit profit

haha yamoto arnt allways bad tho i was ridin a yamoto hsr160 and touch the throttle it flys and gears are easy on em all up. i acctuly would buy 1 but no need to atm. so i dunno if its just a bad batch but yer the hsr 160 is great. i also deal with yamoto narang and the guys there are sweet especialy the mechanic hes helped me and a mate a few times just explaing what to do if we got a prob even tho we dont got yamotos. so... yer i personaly think the bikes are ok and the service at narang is great;)

here we go again:(....

got a replacement clutch cover.
did about 200 km today, no probs...all fixed and sweet:)

then i got bored of sitting behind an L plater, overtook em, and... then my clutch died...

try getting a lift on a sunday? a km from my mates and hes not home and phones turned off...anyone else is out of rego... 10 phone calls later...

finally got home, stripped it down...

the clutch has shredded its splines:pwhere it mounts to the crank. like, WOW!!!!
new clutch basket tomorrow i guess...talk about money drain:(

weee!!!!!

Haha no luck man... Just keep perservering you'll get a good bike by the time you've replace every part of it :p

:eek: new clutch i got has 3 plates:) feels better anyway...see if it shits itself as well...

a match in the gas tank, boom boom:p

all goes good, ima gunna anodise my head and make it purple

um...ill post a thread when ive done it, but basically...you clean the alloy in caustic soda, get a vat of 20% sulphuric acid, attach your alloy to positive, and a lump of lead to negative, use 12v and a fair bit of current.... thats anodised(plain silver). then you soak it in clothes dye(gotta track some down, dylon's meant to be the best) till its purty(overnight), then boil it in water for half an hour to seal it...

as i said, ill post a pic with my experiments when i get the stuff together;)

if you dont like using acid...take it to a commercial place(and a suitable power supply is tricky).... and i dont know how it will take the heat either... but cam covers etc are anodised, so.... and i havent seen a coloured head yet. i want one

ok sweet man make sure ya do make a thread on how to do it cause i wouldn't mind trying this....oh and lots a pics would be good to lol :D

Latest posts

Back