Beefing up suspension

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodbox5

Reaction score
How do you heavier blokes who ride pit bikes firm up the suspension on the Pit Pros etc - are there heavy duty springs available for the forks and rear shocks - or do you just increase the damping with heavier grade fork oil?

Last edited:
on the rear shocker there should be a little ring which you turn that softens and hardens the suspension. Just muck around with that until you get it right. I dont know if pit pros are the same but thats how i did my atomik. The front suspension you just top up the oil or buy good oil and drain the old one out then use all the good oil. I mixed mine and it is fine.

Hope this helped

mini moto

You can get aftermarket fork springs for these imports but their preety hard to get. Try running 15wt fork oil , raising your fork oil height a few ml's and add a few shims. If your suspension is adjustable , slow down the compression.

For your shock again you could buy a stiffer spring though maybe quite rare, Undo your lock ring collar on your shock and tighten the collar closest to the shock then thgihten up the lock ring collar against the spring collar. If you shock is nitrogen charged , pump it up to stiffen up the rear shock. Hope that helps

hay i weigh 110kg and i have the same problem i was going to buy dnm forks but i think ill try betre and more oil
would 15wt oil be gud or should i go with something thicker

Thanks guys - Unfortunately there's no adjustment at all on the forks - so I may frig around with heavier fork oils and see how that works.

Managed to get a heavier spring for the rear shock from a local MX suspension guy - but it was pretty expensive at $130.

If the oil doesn't work on the front forks - I may look at some Fast Ace after market options.

Im a heavy rider, havnt done anything to my MSO PRO as the shocks are already nice and firm.

Just tension them up if you can or else buy some after market ones.

Thanks guys - Unfortunately there's no adjustment at all on the forks - so I may frig around with heavier fork oils and see how that works.

Managed to get a heavier spring for the rear shock from a local MX suspension guy - but it was pretty expensive at $130.

If the oil doesn't work on the front forks - I may look at some Fast Ace after market options.

For that price u could have got a fastace 1000 pound rear shock. One problem I have seen with heavier fork oils is fork seals blowing so just watch for that.

Latest posts

Back