Beginner bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hookey

Reaction score
Hey, I've just had this sudden craze on mini bike riding. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a bike for a beginner price range between $300-$500 and 100cc - 125cc. Would really appreciate it!!!!!:D

try eaby my mates picked up a s/h ttr 125 for 600 or u could always get an atomic 110cc witch is a semi-auto from mind

Yer i've been looking at atomik 125 but not auto. WOuld that be good for a beginner. Cause i know the gear change is 1 N 2 3 4.

Last edited:
hey mate dont get a 125 a 140 is fine for a begginer then u wont need to upgrade after about 2 months cause with a 125 u will want more power straight away

pitpro 110 looks good value for money if thats the style your looking for... depends on what riding you want to do and what experiance youhave had also. if its just cruisin round a local track with no serious jumps, something cheap and nasty as an intorduction, and learn on, you wont be crying when you spill it and break something then, otherwise save up them bucks and get a REAL bike.. something 1500+...

my .02c..

go on ebay, u will pick up a cheap atomik 125 there, or get a pitpro 125 dont get a 110 anything they got nothing, but realy i thiink u should wait and save alil more and buy a 140 so then u have a bike u will like now and l8er :--)

dhz 140 is probably the best of the cheapies
ive had mine for 2 monthes, nothing serious gone wrong,
got mine for 750 delivered
suspension is great for stock

great after sale service

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i got my nitrous for $760

same shock as dhz .the rear shock is gay, it lost compression after 1st ride and its the same shock as yours. my nitrous hasnt had anyproblems

you must of had a dud
my rear is still going great , heaps of comp
ive ridden faily hard , jumping big and the usual
you should tell atomik you should get a new one.

personally i like the dhz's over the nitrous.
better seat , better company

u guys know of any others? that are good but still cheap????

mate 750ish for a 140, that you can do what you want on , jump as much as you like????
they are the cheapest 140s

keep saving
it will be worth it

Also try to avoid the 1N234 type gearbox if possible,while it is a more traditional arrangement they can be trouble.Alot of accidently hitting nuetral when you don't want it and when you want to find it you can't.
Generally speaking an all up N1234 set up is better on these bikes,and I've heard more reliable,but I'm sure there are probably guys who love the 1N234 set up and haven't had problems.

Latest posts

Back