Bent exhaust valves!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your a great bloke rotn50. A true gentleman
Thanks damo, making peeps happy makes me happy, I have access to these bits and pieces and can appreciate having a bike to ride, and everyone deserves to have a mini running be it Honda, China or homemade. Minis FTW. Miniriders unite

I've never really heard of shaving the top of a piston wouldn't that actually drop the compression? Classic Honda one of the sponsors of this site should be able to help you with the gasket kit :) haha dont try make your own it wont work buddy.

You will find that they have not shaved the top of the whole piston. They would of just rounded out the valve relief it the piston making it slightly more rounded giving the valve to piston clearance a fraction more room.

You will find that they have not shaved the top of the whole piston. They would of just rounded out the valve relief it the piston making it slightly more rounded giving the valve to piston clearance a fraction more room.

Spot on champ, at work out of all the rebuilds I have done I once had to do the same, will never know why but it would just connect the piston a fraction requiring a quick grinding out with the dremel

Thanks everyone. Special thanks to Mick. Pulled bike apart and found the culprit - nut must have been jamming behind the exhaust valve. Can't believe mechanic didn't pick it up.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355308435.021338.jpg
Here a couple pics of my bike back together
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355308634.845561.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355308684.971210.jpg

I was more than happy to help ya out dude, so when I work on my bike next time and can't find that lost nut or bolt I should really look further than the floor, damn. Lucky it didn't go down the barrel and destroy it and the piston also. Good to seeya bike running again lad.:)

A worthy mention too that I didn't see in the thread is getting the springs checked for loss of pressure. A lazy spring will hurt performance and can cause bent valves, piston damage etc.

Good to see your issue sorted out

Sounds like a good lesson for all... You are better off to try and fix problems yourself and learn allot in the process! Learn it once and it could save you heaps of $$$ over your lifetime!

Where do you ride on the sunny coast mate?

Latest posts

Back